Steam auto login issues

Zeke

So absolutely every time I start Steam it goes "EEEEEH! No internet connection, why don't you manually enter your password again for the 100th time?" (the connection is there and in a good health, by the way).

That occurs no matter how long the said connection has been established, be that 5 seconds or 5 hours. I'm kinda sick of it now and a bit lazy to reinstall Steam just to see if that would help (but if that's the solution I'm gonna do it nonetheless).

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

So absolutely every time I start Steam it goes "EEEEEH! No internet connection, why don't you manually enter your password again for the 100th time?" (the connection is there and in a good health, by the way).

That occurs no matter how long the said connection has been established, be that 5 seconds or 5 hours. I'm kinda sick of it now and a bit lazy to reinstall Steam just to see if that would help (but if that's the solution I'm gonna do it nonetheless).

After you entered your password, does it start then?

Cause so many people including me have that issue where Steam doesn't want to connect at the first start. So I have to start it again and then it suddenly works.

It's practically impossible to fix that issue, but if it doesn't connect in general, then reinstall it.

After you entered your password, does it start then?

Cause so many people including me have that issue where Steam doesn't want to connect at the first start. So I have to start it again and then it suddenly works.

It's practically impossible to fix that issue, but if it doesn't connect in general, then reinstall it.

Yes, it works in general, but I'm tired of typing the password each time.

Yes, it works in general, but I'm tired of typing the password each time.

Weird, cause I don't have to type in my password. I just start it and it says something like "Failed to connect", so I close it and start it again. Then it works.

Weird, cause I don't have to type in my password. I just start it and it says something like "Failed to connect", so I close it and start it again. Then it works.

If you press "Retry" the password window will pop up and if you type the password it will connect as well. I'm thinking of making a .bat file that will launch it, kill the process after 5 seconds, then launch it again.

Just a suggestion right of the bat is to remove "clientregistry.blob" and try again.

Was going to say this ^. Always try the .blob first - that causes all sorts of connection errors on startup

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Mine does the same sometimes. I just close it and open it again and it works.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE