LEPA AquaChanger 240

Hello everyone this is my first post here on the forums getting ready for my first PC build (although I have followed the building scene for quite sometime).

I am looking to overclock an i5-4690k and have seen a AIO cooler who's specs seem decent enough and has ok reviews on newegg. My only concern is I truely have no idea how it stacks up to other AIO's and while the fact that its looks matches quite well with my color scheme, if it turns out to be shit I will be quite annoyed.

SO! That said here is the issue, there are no reviews for this item in english. It is a fairly recent item to grace the market, and LEPA is based in Germany so of course the only reviews I have seen are in German and French. I speak fairly decent French myself, but unless I missed something the review in question did not appear to test the cooler against any others. 

Has anyone here used or heard anything about this new AIO cooler, and if so how would you rate its performance compared to others in the field? (Cool tip for Linus et al, be the FIRST in English to video review this thing, because it looks stunning)

Furthermore, unless I am mistaken the fans seem a little bit loud for the pressure they are supposed to be creating at max speed, so supposing I were to get the cooler for its looks, can you recommend a set of black fans (no LED unless its off, and no brown Noctua fuglies) that would work well in replacement?

Thank you in advance, I completely understand if no one has used this yet.

EDIT: Since I have your attention, is there a specific heat compound you recommend for overclocking? I am rather aghast by the Internet's massive amount of outdated information.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Hello everyone this is my first post here on the forums getting ready for my first PC build (although I have followed the building scene for quite sometime).

I am looking to overclock an i5-4690k and have seen a AIO cooler who's specs seem decent enough and has ok reviews on newegg. My only concern is I truely have no idea how it stacks up to other AIO's and while the fact that its looks matches quite well with my color scheme, if it turns out to be shit I will be quite annoyed.

SO! That said here is the issue, there are no reviews for this item in english. It is a fairly recent item to grace the market, and LEPA is based in Germany so of course the only reviews I have seen are in German and French. I speak fairly decent French myself, but unless I missed something the review in question did not appear to test the cooler against any others. 

Has anyone here used or heard anything about this new AIO cooler, and if so how would you rate its performance compared to others in the field? (Cool tip for Linus et al, be the FIRST in English to video review this thing, because it looks stunning)

Furthermore, unless I am mistaken the fans seem a little bit loud for the pressure they are supposed to be creating at max speed, so supposing I were to get the cooler for its looks, can you recommend a set of black fans (no LED unless its off, and no brown Noctua fuglies) that would work well in replacement?

Thank you in advance, I completely understand if no one has used this yet.

EDIT: Since I have your attention, is there a specific heat compound you recommend for overclocking? I am rather aghast by the Internet's massive amount of outdated information.

That unit is based off the Enermax Liqtech 240.

So I would look at the Enrmax Liqtech 240 reviews as well.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

That unit is based off the Enermax Liqtech 240.

So I would look at the Enrmax Liqtech 240 reviews as well.

I have heard that, but just from appearances sake they look rather different. Do you know what parts of the unit were based off of the Liqtech 240? Major reason why I ask this is the single largest plus I have heard about the Liqtech 240 was the fans are amazing and the radiator seemed extremely robust (and the fans look the most different imo). 

From that standpoint, is it reasonable to expect that the LEPA version should be as good as, if not better than, the Liqtech 240 since it is a further refinement, or is that a naive approach?

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I have heard that, but just from appearances sake they look rather different. Do you know what parts of the unit were based off of the Liqtech 240? Major reason why I ask this is the single largest plus I have heard about the Liqtech 240 was the fans are amazing and the radiator seemed extremely robust (and the fans look the most different imo). 

From that standpoint, is it reasonable to expect that the LEPA version should be as good as, if not better than, the Liqtech 240 since it is a further refinement, or is that a naive approach?

I'm not 100% sure what the difference might be but here's the link to both and you can look and see for you're self.

Lepa : http://www.lepatek.com/eng/product_content/31/1/70/#produkte

Enermax : http://enermaxusa.com/cooler_liqtech240.php

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

I'm not 100% sure what the difference might be but here's the link to both and you can look and see for you're self.

Lepa : http://www.lepatek.com/eng/product_content/31/1/70/#produkte

Enermax : http://enermaxusa.com/cooler_liqtech240.php

Well thank you very much, I did already visit those sites and scour what I could to find information about the two AIOs. I am in no rush to grab a cooler or anything, I am just trying to see if anyone had experience either themselves or through someone they knew with these coolers and how they preform.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Well thank you very much, I did already visit those sites and scour what I could to find information about the two AIOs. I am in no rush to grab a cooler or anything, I am just trying to see if anyone had experience either themselves or through someone they knew with these coolers and how they preform.

The major differience I can see is the fan's and one other possible difference could be the design of the pump internally and the design of the radiator all could be a lepa design and not a straight copy of the enermax unit.

I do believe the lepa AIO is cheaper so I'm sure they had to cut down on something.

But speaking of the enermax AIO. I can strongly recommend it! Its one awesome AIO! Looks great, rugged/solid build quality and it cools my FX beautifully and the pump is whisper quiet!

The major differience I can see is the fan's and one other possible difference could be the design of the pump internally and the design of the radiator all could be a lepa design and not a straight copy of the enermax unit.

I do believe the lepa AIO is cheaper so I'm sure they had to cut down on something.

But speaking of the enermax AIO. I can strongly recommend it! Its one awesome AIO! Looks great, rugged/solid build quality and it cools my FX beautifully and the pump is whisper quiet!

Any comment on fans and/or thermal compound?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Any comment on fans and/or thermal compound?

The fan's are pretty good, If you went and got the enermax unit I would keep the fan's they give you. They move a good amount of air and there not that loud.

As for the thermal compound I didn't use the one that came with the AIO.

I used the : Noctua NT-H1

Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NT-H1-Thermal-Compound-Retail/dp/B002CQU14A

Anyone else's perspective?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS