Windows 8 steam problems

RadSalacan

So I recently built a rig for a friend of mine using an AMD APU and we ended up deciding to get him windows 8.  I know there have been some issues with Steam talking to windows 8.  He seems to be having some of those problems.  I'm not particularly familiar with windows 8 so I was wondering if the community here could maybe help suggest a few of the common fixes that they've found with dealing with getting it to work.  If any specs are needed please let me know so I can get them from my friend and thanks in advance for any help!!

So I recently built a rig for a friend of mine using an AMD APU and we ended up deciding to get him windows 8.  I know there have been some issues with Steam talking to windows 8.  He seems to be having some of those problems.  I'm not particularly familiar with windows 8 so I was wondering if the community here could maybe help suggest a few of the common fixes that they've found with dealing with getting it to work.  If any specs are needed please let me know so I can get them from my friend and thanks in advance for any help!!

Could you supply more info as to what the problem is ? I have Windows 8 and Steam runs just fine... 

So again more info.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Could you supply more info as to what the problem is ? I have Windows 8 and Steam runs just fine... 

So again more info.

This

I also run Windows 8 and Steam runs without any problems.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This

I also run Windows 8 and Steam runs without any problems.

Unrelated but nice Location description.... lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Ok, so basically what has happened is whenever my friend tries to run a steam game (in this example we tried the Napoleon: Total War demo) the little loading box for the game will pop up as if it's going to load...and then nothing.  Just nothing....as if the game icon had never even been clicked on.

Ok, so basically what has happened is whenever my friend tries to run a steam game (in this example we tried the Napoleon: Total War demo) the little loading box for the game will pop up as if it's going to load...and then nothing.  Just nothing....as if the game icon had never even been clicked on.

Try and delete everything in the Steam folder EXCEPT Steam.exe and the SteamApps folder. Then run Steam.exe as administrator. That should repair Steam completly.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Try and delete everything in the Steam folder EXCEPT Steam.exe and the SteamApps folder. Then run Steam.exe as administrator. That should repair Steam completly.

I would try this, I have never personally had this issue but give that a go, since I haven't had this issue I will no longer be of assistance here, 

Hope you get it fixed.

My Brother cant run certain games on his Windows 8 laptop. And i have the same game on my desktop and its running Windows 8 and it runs fine (weird...). I have not encountered a game not starting. Try to run the game in compatibility mode.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>