Some help on Chrome

Rayhaan Jiwani

Hello Forum,

I wanted some help since I need to know how I can change the install and caching location of Chrome because my SSD is only 120GB and I have my drivers on it anyways. I saw this (http://smallbusiness...rome-42689.html) but it was too hard to understand and I couldn't do it.

Thanks!  :)

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Hello Forum,

I wanted some help since I need to know how I can change the install and caching location of Chrome because my SSD is only 120GB and I have my drivers on it anyways. I saw this (http://smallbusiness...rome-42689.html) but it was too hard to understand and I couldn't do it.

Thanks!  :)

Cache rarely takes up much space, and you can just clear the Cache with every browser close if you want to.  Not recommended but it's a way.  The above method you linked is making Windows think a folder is on Drive C (Default drive) when the contents of the folder is actually on another drive.  

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Should I just leave it then?

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

I usually use CCleaner.

I usually use CCleaner.

I do too, but I don't use it to clear browser cache.  The browsers nowadays are pretty smart with cache management.  For Firefox you can set a maximum cache size, and for Chrome, I've never seen it go above 1 GB or if it does, not by much.  You can clear it with CCleaner too but I use it for more mundane stuff like Windows Error Reports, old temp files etc :D

Also remember to quote or tag the person you are responding to, otherwise they won't get a notification that a reply was made.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Thanks, I sure will quote people from now on.