Something (ethernet driver/port) is bottlenecking my internet speeds

rcsrex

...and I suspect it might be my ethernet drivers (Qualcomm Killer  Network Manager) that came with my MSI Z87-GD65. When I realized that I was not getting my advertised speeds (200 Mbps down/ 20 up), I went out and got a spare ethernet cable to test on, and it showed that while I was getting around 70 Mbps down and 20 up from my PC, on the living room one (some mini dell optiplex with windows 7), it was getting slightly ABOVE 200/20. I've come to the conclusion that my drivers are what is pulling me down, but I haven't not a single clue how to fix this. Can anyone help me out? Last time I tried uninstalling it, my ethernet port just became dead until I re-installed it.

The version of the driver I have is 1.1.47.1374. I can't figure out if I can update/find a later driver.

Latest is "1.1.51.1426"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

So, did you test the speed of your PC in the living room, or did you just bring a different cable to your PC somewhere else if your home?

Did you use the same cable to test the speed on both the living room PC and your PC or did you use a different cable?

If you used a different cable, might I suggest you try plugging your PC in the living room and try with the Eternet cable that's plugged in the Dell Optiplex?
Sometimes it can just be the difference in cable that breaks everything, the lenght of the cable may also affect things.

Then there's possibly some QoS feature in the router itself that may reduce the speed of your connection to your PC, because someone else in the home wanted more bandwidth and you were hogging it all or something.

Are you connected directly to the router? Are you passing through any Switch, Powerline or the like?

Or you could try this, you're not losing much to try.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/guide-turn-your-killer-e2200-nic-into-qualcomm-athero-ar8161.198899/

Looks easy enough, clear instructions and even provide a tool to get rid of the "killer" softwares afterward.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Sounds like a faulty Ethernet cable. How long is the run from your PC to the router? What cable are you currently using: 5e, 6?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.