Cheap Gaming Desktop Under $700

I want to build my first computer and im poor with no job and only will have the money when i get the money from selling my old computer got 4 laptops and a desktop all but the desktop are crap if anyone could point me to a list of parts i could get for and Intel setup prefereably. Thanks in advance!!!

Tell me what country you live. But for $700, you should get something like an amd fx6300 and a 7870/50. Get a 970 chipset motherboard and the cheapest 8gb memory you can get. I know you preferred intel but your budget soimply does not permit. seagate barracuda 500gb or 1tb depending on your storage needs. Get a 500w+ power supply from a reputable brand like seasonic, corsair, xfx, silverstone, antec and so on. It's hard to suggestspecific powersupplies and motherboards because not all stores stock the same stuff.

Edit: You can get a 760 depending on where you live because a 760 is $320+ in australia while only $250 in USA. I'm going to assume you live in USA though so get a 760. Prefferably an asus dcuII

Do you need peripherals? Monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers/etc?

Do you also need Windows?

A few questions you might want to answer: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would highly suggest maybe picking up a simple part-time job to earn the extra cash as spending $700 on a gaming system does not have good value and won't last you very long.

I would suggest maybe spending a month or so working if the pay is about $5/hour which should get you $1000/month ish. Trust me working that one month will be all worth it. You will enjoy better graphics, smoother fps and better peripherals.

If I take into account that you worked and have a total of $1700, this is what I would recommend

Intel Core i5-4670(k)

Asus Z87-a

GTX 770

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB

WD Blue 1TB

Corsair CX600w

Asus Xonar DG(X)

Case of your choice

Total cost of all the hardware will be about $1350 if you wanna spend $115 on the case meaning you will have a lot more money for a good monitor like the Asus PB238Q and mechanical keyboard like the Logitech G710+(which I highly recommend as I have it and it is beautiful).

I hope you consider this before making your decision

I would highly suggest maybe picking up a simple part-time job to earn the extra cash as spending $700 on a gaming system does not have good value and won't last you very long.

I would suggest maybe spending a month or so working if the pay is about $5/hour which should get you $1000/month ish. Trust me working that one month will be all worth it. You will enjoy better graphics, smoother fps and better peripherals.

If I take into account that you worked and have a total of $1700, this is what I would recommend

Intel Core i5-4670(k)

Asus Z87-a

GTX 770

WD Blue 1TB

Corsair CX600w

Asus Xonar DG(X)

Case of your choice

Total cost of all the hardware will be about $1350 if you wanna spend $115 on the case meaning you will have a lot more money for a good monitor like the Asus PB238Q and mechanical keyboard like the Logitech G710+(which I highly recommend as I have it and it is beautiful).

$700 is plenty imo for a gaming system if you don't need Windows 7/Peripherals.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1grH1

For more gaming optimization, you could probably replace the 4430 with a 6300 and and bump up to a 7950.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

$700 is plenty imo for a gaming system if you don't need Windows 7/Peripherals.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1grH1

For more gaming optimization, you could probably replace the 4430 with a 6300 and and bump up to a 7950.

I'm just assuming he is starting from scratch and I agree that $700 is enough, but I would recommend saving up more for that extra bit of horsepower and lifespan. I feel that doing so will be more worth it in the long run. But yes what you are saying is very much true

That is not a gaming build.

Intel Core i5-4670(k)

Asus Z87-a

GTX 770

WD Blue 1TB

Corsair CX600w

Asus Xonar DG(X)

Case of your choice

hmmmm. Double the price. $700-$800 is the sweet spot and best bang for buck when it comes to PC building. What are you talking about with'does not have good value'. If you work it out, the 760 will have less $per frame. A mid range graphics card can last you a while. History can prove this with a card like a 560ti. a value orientated card released in january 2011 and it can still play new games at decent settings and framerates at 1080p resolutions.