Best software for designing logos

HeathCliff
Go to solution Solved by mvitkun,

So simple question: what is the best software to design a logo?

I don't own a graphic tablet yet, so the majority of it would be done with the mouse.

You can make a logo in pretty much anything,heck you could draw a logo and scan it in.

Using a 3D modelling program gives you many options, provided you make detailed models, because you're able to render it in any view (orthographic or perspective) and you can choose whether to render as vectors to give a nice solid color with or without outlined edges or you could render it as is with a more traditional renderer.

As an upside 3D programs, with the exception of the sculpting functionality , don't benefit as much from a tablet as something like photoshop would.

You could also use something like Photoshop or Gimp to create a regular 2D logo if you have some skills drawing, although it's be somewhat hard to create good logos with a mouse only.

Personally if working on a logo I'd say you should consider using both a graphics editing/compositing program along with a 3D modelling program to get the best results.

I don't own a graphic tablet yet, so the majority of it would be done with the mouse.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

photoshop?

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Anything?

Photoshop, Blender(for 3D stuff), GIMP , etc.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Illustrator.

That's what it's sort of for anyways...

You can make a logo in pretty much anything,heck you could draw a logo and scan it in.

Using a 3D modelling program gives you many options, provided you make detailed models, because you're able to render it in any view (orthographic or perspective) and you can choose whether to render as vectors to give a nice solid color with or without outlined edges or you could render it as is with a more traditional renderer.

As an upside 3D programs, with the exception of the sculpting functionality , don't benefit as much from a tablet as something like photoshop would.

You could also use something like Photoshop or Gimp to create a regular 2D logo if you have some skills drawing, although it's be somewhat hard to create good logos with a mouse only.

Personally if working on a logo I'd say you should consider using both a graphics editing/compositing program along with a 3D modelling program to get the best results.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Any program for vector graphics. Myself I use illustrator for over 8 years now.