CPU Speeds on Steam

So I was being a bit nosey and looking at the hardware surveys on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey)  and saw that only 0.39% of users have their CPU clock speed at 3.7GHz and over in June 2013.  Does this surprise anyone else?  Especially seeing that at least 14.3% of users are using GPUs with more than 2GB VRAM.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Not that many people overclock their CPUs. And all those pre done computers never have CPUs that have high clock speeds. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Intel doesn't offer a single CPU with a stock clockspeed that high; so maybe it's not surprising.

Yeah i have 3570K at stock speeds, don't plan to overclock for as long as a year. 

Not sure but I think steam just detects the stock cpu speed and not the overclocked (or current) speed. Intel does not have a single cpu over 3.7ghz. The only cpu fitting in this category would be the amd 8350 at 4ghz

Not sure but I think steam just detects the stock cpu speed and not the overclocked (or current) speed. Intel does not have a single cpu over 3.7ghz. The only cpu fitting in this category would be the amd 8350 at 4ghz

I agree. I feel like whatever tool they are using to measure hardware specs is only looking at part numbers, for example: intel 3570k = 3.4ghz

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Also. It sounds like "3.7 ghz and over" is a subcategory that would be placed right after the 3.6 ghz speed because several AMD chips are available at that stock speed

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Yeah i have 3570K at stock speeds, don't plan to overclock for as long as a year. 

you should

you should

I will but not right away, i have to buy a decent cooler such as hyper evo 212 

and i am doing alright now with my configuration. 

I will but not right away, i have to buy a decent cooler such as hyper evo 212 

and i am doing alright now with my configuration. 

free performance gain even 4 - 4.2 ghz i could tell the difference (if you game). probably wouldn't have a problem with those speeds on stock cooler. 

free performance gain even 4 - 4.2 ghz i could tell the difference (if you game). probably wouldn't have a problem with those speeds on stock cooler. 

NO... stock cooler sucks hard it cant reach thoce clock speeds. are you out of your mind ? :P

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight