7ms response time

nithin1992

I bought a Dell S2240L which has a 7ms response time, used it for over a week but I could see quite a bit of blurring whenever players started to run, or the gk kicked the ball etc(FIFA 15), basically whenever quick movements happen. This was quite evident so I had to return mine and I was guessing this might have been due to the response time of the monitor. BTW I was using a cheap HDMI cable but that probably wasn't the issue was it?

So now I'm having to buy a different monitor, does anyone have any experience with the HP 22xi monitor(or HP 22FI)? It has very good specs except for response time which is again 7ms so not sure if I'll encounter the same issues with this monitor as well so need help with this

I also have an option to go for a 5ms response time monitor being LG MP2256Q, but its picture quality isn't as good as the HP one so I've heard.

Kindly advice

Ive an 8ms response time and its fine.

theres more to response time than just numbers because think about it, can you really tell the difference between an 8ms monitor and a 5ms one? No you cant.

There was a site that measured the actual response time or something but i dont remember it, im sure someone else will post it below

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Ive an 8ms response time and its fine.

theres more to response time than just numbers because think about it, can you really tell the difference between an 8ms monitor and a 5ms one? No you cant.

There was a site that measured the actual response time or something but i dont remember it, im sure someone else will post it below

Its fine while playing FIFA 15 as well is it?

Its fine while playing FIFA 15 as well is it?

Just for you ill install it and try it out ( ill reply here in less than 3 hours with an answer )

Im extremely picky with monitors and blurryness so if i dont see any, you probably wont either. Ive the Dell U2515h in case you were wondering with 8ms response time

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Just for you ill install it and try it out ( ill reply here in less than 3 hours with an answer )

Im extremely picky with monitors and blurryness so if i dont see any, you probably wont either. Ive the Dell U2515h in case you were wondering with 8ms response time

Thanks! I'll be waiting for your results

Though fifa 14 cause i dont have 15 lol

Yeah that should be fine too.

Alright,thanks for that mate! Some say anything above 5ms is bad for gaming some say it's fine. I wish I could find out if the HP one does fine at gaming from someone, if not I'll just have to stick to the LG one. Dont have much choices.

Just read the FAQ at the top of this section :) Response time numbers printed on the box don't really mean anything.

Alright thanks! I just read it, and yes, I did face blurring while playing fifa 15 and it was quite evident which is why i had to return it. So you meant to say, the best way to find if another monitor will do fine is to actually test it, right? As the values printed aren't exactly right.