What Was Your Conversion Like?

joelthezombie15

What was your conversion from console to PC like? Not everyone has always been a PC gamer, most people started with a console. 

I am trying to get used to PC right now from a long life of console gaming. Now I suck at games I know that but i was just starting to get half way decent on consoles. I just sold all my consoles recently and I have been playing some older games on my craptop and I made a little set up.

Got a monitor,Keyboard,Mouse and plug them all in and game. But god I suck. I'm not used to the controls and scary games like system shock 2 are the most terrifying things in the world. Because i get scared because im not ready for the enemies and then i panic because im not confident with the controls. 

And i just played TF2 a game I was good at on console and only got one kill in a hour long session. 

It took me 11 years to get even decent at console gaming and it all goes out the door, Heres for another 11 years to get decent at PC gaming.

What was your conversion like? are you like me and are terrible? Or did you pick it up right away? any funny stories too cheer me up? 

Hopefully Im not alone.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i never owned a console since ps1. then i just bought a ps3 but i didn't quite enjoy it. well i still play it, but not that often. i got into PC gaming because of MMOs

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I play a lot of games on PC, but i play on console 90% of time because all my friends play console. However I prefer the PC. 60fps is a much bigger improvement over 30 on the console, and games like Metro Last Light are stunning. My tf2 experience was very similar. 1 kill every 30min, however I picked up pretty fast. Took me about 30 hours to get decent.

And yes i was the caller with the Tesla mic, I have no idea why It did that it was running fine on checkup in the waiting room and was running perfect on Razer comma setup, so sorry about that.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Now,I think about it there was Never a conversion thanks to My Dad, when I Got interested in games he just happened to have a Library of pc games, and So I Started playing, the problem was not a crap pc but instead I did not know english So I had to learn What buttons to press to start gaming :P

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

If you really want, have you tried buying a Xbox 360 PC controller or PS3 controller + bluetooth dongle?

I need more SSDs.

If you really want, have you tried buying a Xbox 360 PC controller or PS3 controller + bluetooth dongle?

LAAAAAAG
This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

No, I sold them, I would like to see if there is just a hump I have to get over or if i just am bad at it in general :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

LAAAAAAG

That to

Could never afford a console. Once got a PS2 as a birthday gift, but even that was a year after the PS3 release. Mum bought me a laptop, that's all I had. Sooo many hours of CS 1.6...

Wit is educated insolence.

I was always a gamer since I was young I remember playing CS 1.6.0 when I was like 5 at LAN party's that my brother always brings me to.

I used to play both PC and Console and have always played games as long as I can remember and now I have ditched the console and moved to PC, probably for good.