Best GPU upgrade for current build?

Dannykins

Hi i´m in the exactly problem. I have a really similar pc but it cant found a gpu for it.  So if you buy a new gpu please told me how it goes for you.

I'm thinking on: GTX 750 TI-R7265-R9270-GTX 960.

-Mother: Gigabyte GA-880gm-Usb3l 
-CPU: AMD FX 4100 Overclocked to 4400mhz
-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
-I used to have a xfx hd6770 but it died last january by a tunderbolt.
-Memory: 2x4gb 1600Mhz ddr3 Hiper x 
-PW: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 550w 

i already know your build will support a 970 your PSU is much better than mine lol, but as for bottlenecking, if i do get a new card it will probably be the gtx 970 but not until june time since its my birthday in jusne and i will have some extra money, but if i do get one i will be sure to tell you if it helps at all. 

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

i already know your build will support a 970 your PSU is much better than mine lol, but as for bottlenecking, if i do get a new card it will probably be the gtx 970 but not until june time since its my birthday in jusne and i will have some extra money, but if i do get one i will be sure to tell you if it helps at all. 

Everybody tells me that I only a 750ti will work on my sistem. A 970 will bottleneck a lot with the 4100!! 

Everybody tells me that I only a 750ti will work on my sistem. A 970 will bottleneck a lot with the 4100!! 

i am being bottlenecked with HD 6670 so i really do not think it matters what GPU we have we will always encounter bottleneck until we upgrade to a better CPU, so might as well get a decent GPU and deal with the bottleneck until can get CPU and Mobo, i am already dealing with bottlenecking, so it makes no difference to me i guess, but i have been told the bottlenecking is not as bad as it seems, it will only be on certain games, i assume CPU intensive games. 

i am being bottlenecked with HD 6670 so i really do not think it matters what GPU we have we will always encounter bottleneck until we upgrade to a better CPU, so might as well get a decent GPU and deal with the bottleneck until can get CPU and Mobo, i am already dealing with bottlenecking, so it makes no difference to me i guess, but i have been told the bottlenecking is not as bad as it seems, it will only be on certain games, i assume CPU intensive games. 

What video card should I buy?  I'm going crazy with all this stuff. My options are: GTX 750ti [perfect]- r7 265[i dont know if have any problem] - r9 270 [Maybe not enough W] - r970x[same but worst] - gtx 690 [Crazy bottleneck?] 

What video card should I buy?  I'm going crazy with all this stuff. My options are: GTX 750ti [perfect]- r7 265[i dont know if have any problem] - r9 270 [Maybe not enough W] - r970x[same but worst] - gtx 690 [Crazy bottleneck

well your PSU should support most high end GPUs, but you have the same CPU as me but you have yours OC higher than mine, so you probably will not experience as much bottleneck as me, but anyway i want to get a GTX 970, the bottlleneck will be there but as soon as possible i will get new mobo that supports intel and probably get an i5 CPU, i am not sure what CPU will stop my bottleneck but i know a i5 will for sure, however i just do not know if my PSU could support an i5 and a GTX 970, that is my problem, i can deal with the bottleneck for as long as i have to but, i think all in all i am going to have to upgrade quite a lot, and you will probably encounter the same issues as me.  

well your PSU should support most high end GPUs, but you have the same CPU as me but you have yours OC higher than mine, so you probably will not experience as much bottleneck as me, but anyway i want to get a GTX 970, the bottlleneck will be there but as soon as possible i will get new mobo that supports intel and probably get an i5 CPU, i am not sure what CPU will stop my bottleneck but i know a i5 will for sure, however i just do not know if my PSU could support an i5 and a GTX 970, that is my problem, i can deal with the bottleneck for as long as i have to but, i think all in all i am going to have to upgrade quite a lot, and you will probably encounter the same issues as me.  

Maybe i'll go for the 960 and may the force be with me  :wacko:

Maybe i'll go for the 960 and may the force be with me  :wacko:

i think we both need a bit of force, we are both peasants at the moment lol, me more so than you xD

i think we both need a bit of force, we are both peasants at the moment lol, me more so than you xD

Hahaha, yeah... I´m afraid of expend a lot of money in some gpu that wont work.. Then I choose the 750ti..

Hahaha, yeah... I´m afraid of expend a lot of money in some gpu that wont work.. Then I choose the 750ti..

if you are unsure if a gtx 970 will work make a new thread and ask, but i am pretty sure it will work you will just get bottlenecked on some games, from what i have been told, my build will apparently support it, so if my build can then yours can, because you have a better build than mine, the only thing that should hold us back is our CPU/PSU, but your PSU and CPU are both better than mine, i am OC 4.2ghz on my CPU, and your on 4.4ghz right? also you have a much better quality PSU than me and an extra 50w than me.