CPU Help Please

DES7OY3R

Now I want to get the i7 4770k because most streamers I see use it and that makes me and convince me to get it. But I also heard i7 4790k and i5 4690k are good. So I want this to be a poll of which one out of the three.

Uses: Streaming not that much might start making YouTube channel, Gaming.

Budget: 1000

If you are streaming I would recommend the 4790K (the hyper-threading really helps for this kind of application). The 4770k and 4790K are basically identical except the 4790K is slightly better for overclocking and has a higher stock clock speed.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

your budget for the CPU is 1000?

Whole PC I should say sorry

If you are streaming I would recommend the 4790K (the hyper-threading really helps for this kind of application). The 4770k and 4790K are basically identical except the 4790K is slightly better for overclocking and has a higher stock clock speed.

How about gaming it's self which CPU ?

How about gaming it's self which CPU ?

i5 is plenty of power for gaming

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

i5-4690k

This (and a new motherboard obviously) should do the trick. The rest of your system can stay the same.

Try overclocking your current CPU first.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

This (and a new motherboard obviously) should do the trick. The rest of your system can stay the same.

Try overclocking your current CPU first.

Thank you

If you want to stream, 4790K should be the minimum CPU you look for. 4770K is much slower out-of-the-box and some people have had chips that won't even OC much past 4GHz which is kind of pointless on an unlocked CPU. So ignore that chip. Basically forever.

4690K for gaming alone is fine, but a 4790K is no detriment to gaming.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday