Stuttering GTA 5

EMENCII

Hi guys,

I have noticed some stuttering in GTA, even though GeForce Experience's frame counter doesn't get off the 60FPS value. Do you guys have the same experience? Sometimes it's fluent, then it's like it goes at 50FPS while still being at 60... Wut .-.

Have fun with da game xD

EMENCII

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Do you have SSAO on or off?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Try to turn down the setting. Msaa is very taxing to run so turn it down or off and see if it's stop the stuttering.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

You can try vertical sync just to check if it's because of tearing. I have the same problem, but I think I got used to tearing and stutter or last patch help to reduced this effect. I noticed that when vsync is enabled there is no stuttering, but I play with vsync off anyway.

Same problem, FPS counter remains the same but i can clearly see framerates are dropping. Some minor stuttering while driving at high speeds, like it cant load the maps fast enough, sort of

Core i5 4440  16GB DDR3 HyperX  Sapphire Nitro+ RX480  Asrock Z87M Pro 4  Samsung 850 EVO 250GB WD Blue 1TB x 2  FSP Hydro G+ 650W Samsung CF24G70 Logitech G610 G502

Do you have SSAO on or off?

Ambient occlusion on high, but the GPU is not at 100%, most of the times i see stuttering...

Try to turn down the setting. Msaa is very taxing to run so turn it down or off and see if it's stop the stuttering.

Never had Msaa enabled, it's not worth it imho

You can try vertical sync just to check if it's because of tearing. I have the same problem, but I think I got used to tearing and stutter or last patch help to reduced this effect. I noticed that when vsync is enabled there is no stuttering, but I play with vsync off anyway.

It has always been enabled, Vsync... And it's not tearing...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

It is probably your card hitting its VRAM limit and trying to load stuff in. Try turning down your population variety or other VRAM hogs. Also, extended distance scaling is very GPU intensive when driving.

Ambient occlusion on high, but the GPU is not at 100%, most of the times i see stuttering...

It is not that, It is the SSAO that is a problem for some, It makes their game stutter.

Try to lower the

Detail distance

Shadow quality

and maybe shader quality

And see if it becomes better.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

It is probably your card hitting its VRAM limit and trying to load stuff in. Try turning down your population variety or other VRAM hogs. Also, extended distance scaling is very GPU intensive when driving.

No, it's not, it arrives at 2,8GB, not even close to the 3GB limit

It is not that, It is the SSAO that is a problem for some, It makes their game stutter.

Try to lower the

Detail distance

Shadow quality

and maybe shader quality

And see if it becomes better.

The GPU isnt capped at 100% load... I'll try with the SSAO...

The GPU isnt capped at 100% load... I'll try with the SSAO...

You are misunderstanding me.

The GPU doesnt have to be at 100% load for it to stutter, There are people with 970's and i think i have seen someone with a 980 who are experiencing the issue, But only when SSAO is activated.

I meant that SSAO is not working correctly, It causes stuttering.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

- snip- 

Thank you, there's much less stuttering with the AO set on normal instead of high, it helped a lot ^^

Its pretty weird in general I get slowdown but not frame drops. Where it runs fine without dropping frames silky smooth, but while your driving around it appears to go into slight slowmo before speeding up and running normal again. Only seems to happen while driving at high speed.

Yet there are no changes in CPU or GPU load at these times.

I also have grass rendering the opposite to how it should be grass disappears directly around me and the appears in a ring and renders out as far as I can see.

Its like its opposite to the draw distance that it should be.

Still having loads of fun and even with this Its nice to play GTA at 60FPS.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4