EK Full Kit for H440 Build

When placing the rad on top , there is much less performance than removing the front cover ( the front cover blocks a lot)

I tested with and W/o the top cover , with a 240mm rad , the difference was 1.5°c on the cpu, but at the front of the case it was 5°c + and the fans could spin slower .

As you said , a i7+980 is about ~300-400w to dissipate , that could be done by a 280mm rad, but I think that 360mm should be fine and quiet enough ( you will probably hear coil whine or pump noise over the fans ) 

Agree.  360mm won't differ noise in reality with that extra one fan or from dual 140mm to triple 120mm fans.

I was referring adding fans as if he sets P/P and don't turn down the fan speed, because the reason to do that would be needing more power to fight static pressure.

I was surprised that the front cover and the top cover make different results in terms of hindering air flow.  Mind to feed me more info of your rad/fan set-up in details?  

Agree.  360mm won't differ noise in reality with that extra one fan or from dual 140mm to triple 120mm fans.

I was referring adding fans as if he sets P/P and don't turn down the fan speed, because the reason to do that would be needing more power to fight static pressure.

I was surprised that the front cover and the top cover make different results in terms of hindering air flow.  Mind to feed me more info of your rad/fan set-up in details?  

I *had* a EK PE 360 at the front with nf-f12's .

The fan dust conver was installed , the front pannel installed ;

at silent speeds , removing the dust filter and front pannel made a huge difference .

At the top the difference was much smaller due to the lack of dust filters and the fact that the fans where put closest to the motherboard ( push ) , so they had space to take air in .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

I *had* a EK PE 360 at the front with nf-f12's .

The fan dust conver was installed , the front pannel installed ;

at silent speeds , removing the dust filter and front pannel made a huge difference .

At the top the difference was much smaller due to the lack of dust filters and the fact that the fans where put closest to the motherboard ( push ) , so they had space to take air in .

Oh thx, so you are saying only one rad(PE360) at front pulling air out with f12*3 while the dust filter and front cover there + f12*2 pushing air in from top?

I was thinking that you put your rad at front first, take off the cover, see the temp drop.

And then use the exact same  fan setup, put your rad at top, take off the top cover, and see less drop.

In this case, we can't justify the difference between the front and top cover taken off.

I was thinking that you put your rad at front first, take off the cover, see the temp drop.

And then use the exact same  fan setup, put your rad at top, take off the top cover, and see less drop.

^^ this

I had only 3 intakes ( rad ) and one exhaust ( 140 at the back ) in case 1

3 exhausts at the top ( rad ) and one intake ( 140 at the back ) in case 2 .

Drop when removing cover in case 1 was much higher than removing cover in case 2 , so I kept case 2 until I ended up dismantling everything .

Sorry for being unclear ^.^

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.