I just got 2 delta fans and they are excellent 150 cfm with a static pressure of 12.7 mmh2o at 4000 rpm and to make it even better they are 120mm x 25mm unlike most deltas which are 38mm thick so they fit any where a normal 120mm fan does and my fan controller supports 25w per channel and these fans are 17w so I can use my fan controller the only problem is my controller can only take them down to 50% to like 2000 rpm - 2200 rpm which isn't too bad but i'd like to lower them a bit more when I don't need the extra cooling I have a cheesy rosewill fan controller that will turn them down to like 1000 rpm and not only are they super quiet (no bearing noise at all) but they still move a lot of air the problem is they rosewill pci slot fan controller is too weak and start over heating in minutes so I was looking for a way to further slow them down with having to plug and unplug an in line resistors everytime maybe some kind of variable resistor or another fan controller that I can mount in a pci slot or I can mod to put somewhere else in my case cause I have used all my 5.25 bays

have any ideas or suggestions or have tried this before

btw I found this inline controller heard anything about it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811995073

Have you tried it with your motherboard? It's worth a shot before making a purchase that might be unnecessary.

ic'm kind of afraid  to i heard a lot of delta fans can kill motherdoard header because of their massive draw i mean these are 17w each, one is the same draw as all 6 of my rosewill 2200rpm fans combined i will reasearch my mother board and see if it can handle them btw it is an X79 asrock extreme 11

even if you slowed em down I imagine they'd still be loud as hell :s

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Damn was that one sentence lol?

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Don't try it on a motherboard mate, they do have a tendancy till kill a motherboard. My Abit board died to it.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

If you want quite I would just recommended getting some slower quieter fans than trying to lower these down. But if you want to use them hook them up to 5v and see if theyll start if they will thats just about as slow as theyll get if their not PWM.

i have actually slowed them down  to 1000 rpm and they are completely silent only problem was that they started overheating the cheapie rosewill controller cause it couldn't handle the 17 watt draw

Don't try it on a motherboard mate, they do have a tendancy till kill a motherboard. My Abit board died to it.

thanks i figured they would lol