GPU Upgrade

Hello all,

I currently have a 4GB GTX 770 and want to upgrade and was wondering whether it makes more sense to get another 770 and SLI or get a single GTX 970. I know another 770 would be a much better boost but the single 970 would provide enough of a performance boost and I could sell the 770 to offset the cost. The lower cost and the fact I'm not taking a gamble with a used 770 is pushing me toward a single 970. I currently game on a single 1080p display and don't desire to upgrade to a higher resolution any time soon so I don't think the 3.5GB thing will be an issue. I have a Z87 sabertooth with a 4790k. Opinions and insights are appreciated, I'm pretty sure I want to go with the 970 but want to know what other thought. Also, if you have particular experience of Skyrim modded with hi-res textures and meshes with an ENB running on a 970 please let me know what your experiences have been. Another thought, I did consider a 290x but the price and performance are similar enough that I decided to stick with my Nvidia preference.

Thanks,

Kevin aka beerisyum

Getting another 770 would be better, It would get you performance in the lines of the 980 or so.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Yea man @ 1080p stick with the 770 until 980 ti or AMD 390X comes out.  If you must...try SLI....but you can wait it out me thinks.

Thanks for the input! It seems upgrading is not the best course of action at the moment.