Help ! Choosing Android

IamNewie

I dunno guys ... Waiting for HTC one mini ? or buy the HTC one S ? or the Xperia SP? need help over here

First off I love your Profile picture. I do not know anything about an htc one mini. The HTC one s is probibly good and my friend likes his xperia sp. Are you able to try the phones out in the store? That is the best way to determine which phone is right for you.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

First off I love your Profile picture. I do not know anything about an htc one mini. The HTC one s is probibly good and my friend likes his xperia sp. Are you able to try the phones out in the store? That is the best way to determine which phone is right for you.

Lol thx , I have tried the xperia S the UI feels like a stock android the stock android even feels better . The One Mini was rumored that it'll be released on august which is a month to go , the One S is cheaper in my country and has slightly lower specs compared to Xperia SP. But I like the Sense UI better 

If you like stock android why not get a Nexus 4 or get a cheap Galaxy Nexus ?

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

If you're a fan of stock android, nexus 4 is the best bet.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

If you like stock android why not get a Nexus 4 or get a cheap Galaxy Nexus ?

Nexus 4 is kinda bit pricey here in my country it's around $500 and Galaxy Nexus is not available in my country

Huawei Honour (U8860), i kinda doubt the HTC One mini.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

The HTC One S will not get the 4.2.2 update. So that means no Blink Feed, Zoe's or anything like that

The HTC One S will not get the 4.2.2 update. So that means no Blink Feed, Zoe's or anything like that

Yes you're right , but It still has sense 4+ update right?

Oh yeah btw guys Xperia SP has only 8gb of internal storage but support sd card up to 32gb

Budget? Location?

Do you need...

• High PPI Screen ("retnia")
  • AMOLED
  • Fast CPU / Lots of RAM
  • Stock or stock-ish android
  • Long battery life
  • Good camera
  • Good dev support

???

I need more SSDs.

Budget? Location?

Do you need...

• High PPI Screen ("retnia")
  • AMOLED
  • Fast CPU / Lots of RAM
  • Stock or stock-ish android
  • Long battery life
  • Good camera
  • Good dev support

???

Not more than $500

I want HD capable phone not neccecarily need AMOLED screen , Yes I do need fast CPU and at a minimum of 1Gb of ram to run games smoothly. Long life battery is optional for me. Camera doesn't really bothers me too much since I do less picture taking. For support it depends since I didn't live in the US.

What about a Galaxy SIII?

I've seen a lot of incredible deals on it lately, as people want rid of it to upgrade to the SIV.

It's still a powerful device, and it sounds like it would be a perfect fit for what you need. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

What about a Galaxy SIII?

I've seen a lot of incredible deals on it lately, as people want rid of it to upgrade to the SIV.

It's still a powerful device, and it sounds like it would be a perfect fit for what you need. :)

I don't really like the design and I don't find the features of the S3 to be useful , but the price is kinda close to the Xperia SP so I'll might put the S3 on my list

I don't really like the design and I don't find the features of the S3 to be useful , but the price is kinda close to the Xperia SP so I'll might put the S3 on my list

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm not a fan of the design either - I actually preferred the Galaxy S2.

But still... it does have a nice screen, and it's probably more powerful than any of the other phones you'll find at that price point. (Quad-core 1.4GHz CPU + 2GB RAM)

EDIT: Actually, apparently the version in America only comes with a dual-core Snapdragon and 2GB RAM. Oh well. :)

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm not a fan of the design either - I actually preferred the Galaxy S2.

But still... it does have a nice screen, and it's probably more powerful than any of the other phones you'll find at that price point. (Quad-core 1.4GHz CPU + 2GB RAM)

EDIT: Actually, apparently the version in America only comes with a dual-core Snapdragon and 2GB RAM. Oh well. :)

I thought it only has 1GB of ram? I'll think about getting the S3 though thanks for recommending :) 

I thought it only has 1GB of ram? I'll think about getting the S3 though thanks for recommending :)

Apparently some models do, but some others have 2GB.

And no problem. Good luck with whichever phone you decide on. ;)

Apparently some models do, but some others have 2GB.

And no problem. Good luck with whichever phone you decide on. ;)

International S3 -> Quad Core + 1GB RAM

American S3 -> Dual Core + 2GB RAM

Personally I would just buy a note 2. The battery life is insane, and you get a quad core + 2GB RAM.

Additionally, it's AMOLED screen is not pentile.

I need more SSDs.

International S3 -> Quad Core + 1GB RAM

American S3 -> Dual Core + 2GB RAM

Personally I would just buy a note 2. The battery life is insane, and you get a quad core + 2GB RAM.

Additionally, it's AMOLED screen is not pentile.

Nah , Im not a big fan of huge screens. I more prefer 4.3" to 4.7" screen to be ideal

Budget? Location?

Do you need...

High PPI Screen ("retnia")

AMOLED

Fast CPU / Lots of RAM

Stock or stock-ish android

Long battery life

Good camera

Good dev support

???

Not more than $500

I want HD capable phone not neccecarily need AMOLED screen , Yes I do need fast CPU and at a minimum of 1Gb of ram to run games smoothly. Long life battery is optional for me. Camera doesn't really bothers me too much since I do less picture taking. For support it depends since I didn't live in the US.

If you think One S, forget it and get One X unless it's over 500$. Or wait One Mini since the specs are good (especially compared to S4 mini)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx