Well, i just blew up my PSU..

Hey guys! Thanks for the answares!

I am actualy buying the Corsair AX860 instead :)

How much for?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

How much for?

In Danish Krone: 1.300DKK = 185USD

What site from might I ask? That seems mighty expensive for an 860W PSU even including price increase from US

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

So, i have to buy a new. I got the money for a Corsair RM850 AND a new Asus R9 290x OC. My question is, am i going to blew up my new Corsair 850watt PSU with 2x Asus R9 290x Crossfire?? I really don't want to do this again.. 

Don't get a Corsair RM.

"Rawr XD"

In Denmark, it is the cheapest price you can get it. 

You have to remember, we pay 25% over price told/tax to electronic.. 

It's in Danish, so i don't know if you understand it: http://www.alternate.dk/Corsair/AX860-80Plus-Platinum/html/product/1042248?campaign=PC+str%C3%B8mforsyning/Corsair/1042248

If you're just paying price tax over the US price then there's better options for the money then Corsair AX (or anything Corsair for that matter)

Antec Edge (Seasonic G): http://www.alternate.dk/Antec/0-761345-05075-3/html/product/1143836?tk=7&lk=4298

EVGA G2 (Super Flower Leadex): http://www.alternate.dk/EVGA/220-G2-0750-XR/html/product/1131625?tk=7&lk=4298

"Rawr XD"

If you're just paying price tax over the US price then there's better options for the money then Corsair AX (or anything Corsair for that matter)

Antec Edge (Seasonic G): http://www.alternate.dk/Antec/0-761345-05075-3/html/product/1143836?tk=7&lk=4298

EVGA G2 (Super Flower Leadex): http://www.alternate.dk/EVGA/220-G2-0750-XR/html/product/1131625?tk=7&lk=4298

I have a Asus R9 290x OC Crossfire setup.. I need the best PSU for my rig. Platinium AND 850+ watt.. 

The AX860 platinium is the one for my build :)

You would be much better off with an EVGA Supernova G2 850 and/or 1000w.  Better psu, better value and better warranty.  I too was dead locked on the corsair PSU until I did my research and went EVGA instead. 

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

Hey guys! Thanks for the answares! 

I am actualy buying the Corsair AX860 instead :)

Well, the AX860 is indeed a better PSU than the RM850. It's a higher-end Seasonic XP2 unit internally, that offer better build quality / design, electrical performance, and efficiency.

In Denmark, it is the cheapest price you can get it. 

You have to remember, we pay 25% over price told/tax to electronic.. 

It's in Danish, so i don't know if you understand it: http://www.alternate.dk/Corsair/AX860-80Plus-Platinum/html/product/1042248?campaign=PC+str%C3%B8mforsyning/Corsair/1042248

There's no reason to pay that much for an 860W power supply. Especially not from Germany, with worse consumer protection and higher shipping fees. The Antec High Current Pro 850W Platinum is 300 kroner cheaper and available from reliable Danish stores. Or the EVGA Supernova G2 850W for another 50 kroner.

The Antec High Current Pro 850W Platinum is 300 kroner cheaper and available from reliable Danish stores.

http://www.edbpriser.dk/stroemforsyning/antec-high-current-pro-hcp-850-platinum-id-8161348.aspx

I wonder how I'd overlooked this option...because that's an excellent pricing for a high-end Delta build unit. I would agree with this recommendation for sure.

http://www.edbpriser.dk/stroemforsyning/antec-high-current-pro-hcp-850-platinum-id-8161348.aspx

I wonder how I'd overlooked this option...because that's an excellent pricing for a high-end Delta build unit. I would agree with this recommendation for sure.

How would that PSU stand against the AX860? I am willing to pay for the AX860.

Like Messi against Ronaldo. They're both great, it's hard to pick a winner.

You won't notice a difference, ever. Corsair is pretty much always overpriced compared to competitors. The High Current Platinum is right up there in quality with the Corsair AX, as is the EVGA G2 (although with less efficiency, but again you won't notice the difference. There's P2 for platinum but again that's spending more and getting diminishing returns. 

"Rawr XD"

Don't cheap out on the PSU. I see that when cheap PSUs are pushed past their limits they end up damaging something and not being able to produce nearly as much power as they used to. I used to have a Coolmax 500w (I only had one R9 270 at this time) which gave out ~2 days after I bought a new board and CPU. (FX 8320) It was also shutting off the PC whenever I tried to play a game for a long period of time due to (Presumably) overheating. Thing didn't even have enough power for me to run my GPU with more than a ~5% power limit increase anyways. After it gave out I found that it could just barely power my motherboard only, and nothing else. I cracked it open to find that years of running unfiltered caked the insides with dust and dog hair.

Now I have a 750w Corsair that intakes from inside the case, and all my intake fans are filtered.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

The Antec HCP 850 Platinum, Corsair AX860, and EVGA Supernova 850 G2 are all high-end units - each with it's own pros and cons. For the most part, they all belong in the "you really can't go wrong category". I have a preference with Delta ( a server-grade company who is known for its impeccable and consistent build quality) and multi-rail power supplies (MR adds an extra layer of safety in an event of a short), and surprisingly since it is cheaper than both the AX860 and G2, it made it an excellent deal.

Of course, there's a few benefits that you get from going with either the Corsair or EVGA. That is:

1) semi-passive mode  - fan will not spin at lower loads for lower noise. The Antec is an actively cool PSU that will have it fan spinning at lower loads (at low RPM, of course)

2) the EVGA has a 10 year warranty upon registration

3) Both have support for individually sleeved cables directly from the company or from CableMods.

As for efficiency. How it will affect you will depend the setup, application, and the price of electricity in your area. For most people that are building just a gaming rig, the difference isn't too drastic. The one that may benefit off of it are those who live in an area of high electricity prices and have their computer running 24/7 @ 100% load as a mining rig or running some other GPGPU applications.

The Antec HCP 850 Platinum, Corsair AX860, and EVGA Supernova 850 G2 are all high-end units - each with it's own pros and cons. For the most part, they all belong in the "you really can't go wrong category". I have a preference with Delta ( a server-grade company who is known for its impeccable and consistent build quality) and multi-rail power supplies (MR adds an extra layer of safety in an event of a short), and surprisingly since it is cheaper than both the AX860 and G2, it made it an excellent deal.

Of course, there's a few benefits that you get from going with either the Corsair or EVGA. That is:

1) semi-passive mode  - fan will not spin at lower loads for lower noise. The Antec is an actively cool PSU that will have it fan spinning at lower loads (at low RPM, of course)

2) the EVGA has a 10 year warranty upon registration

3) Both have support for individually sleeved cables directly from the company or from CableMods.

As for efficiency. How it will affect you will depend the setup, application, and the price of electricity in your area. For most people that are building just a gaming rig, the difference isn't too drastic. The one that may benefit off of it are those who live in an area of high electricity prices and have their computer running 24/7 @ 100% load as a mining rig or running some other GPGPU applications.

Thank you very much! You made it clear for me :) 

Well, i think i am going with the AX860. I already have an Corsair Case, so it would fit nicely. 

I am still just worried about how it would affect my system with 2x Asus R9 290x Crossfire. It says the AX860 has Crossfire support, but can i trust it? 

I realy, REALY don't want to blew it all up again.. If i am buying the AX860, would it run my Crossfire setup?? It uses some extrem power.. 

Go with an EVGA or Seasonic. Best PSU's on the market. One thing not to cheap out on is the PSU. It runs everything and ruins everything.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

290x crossfire u gonna want a 1000 lol

i screwd up buyin a 850 lol

i wanna do the same

Well, i think i am going with the AX860. I already have an Corsair Case, so it would fit nicely. 

I am still just worried about how it would affect my system with 2x Asus R9 290x Crossfire. It says the AX860 has Crossfire support, but can i trust it? 

I realy, REALY don't want to blew it all up again.. If i am buying the AX860, would it run my Crossfire setup?? It uses some extrem power.. 

My reply ignored? 

290x crossfire u gonna want a 1000 lol

i screwd up buyin a 850 lol

i wanna do the same

A good quality 850 is enough for 290X CF.

59320.png

"Rawr XD"

The AX860 is 1387 DKK / ~200 USD. That's around 321 DKK more than the HCP, and 278 DKK more than the G2. That's around 40-50 USD. While the AX860 is indeed a good PSU, it's not a very good value.

Quite honestly, its at the level where if you are going to spend that more on something, spend it on a higher wattage unit or some particular feature set that you may like (matching branding isn't worth it TBH). Like the aforementioned, XFX ProSeries 1050w BE or the Cooler Master V1000 would be good and would give you more piece of mind (even for more extreme levels of overclocks) as you are already feeling paranoid over it. lol

But yes, the AX860 as well as the other units can indeed run your setup.