Power supply

jamesfindlay3

Hi I have been on a really well recommended and accurate power supply power generator to figure out what wattage of power supply i will need for my pc it says 484 watts and the power supply i have is 520, do you think this is fine? if not could you please recommend other silent power supplies. and also if it isn't enough what do you think about corsairs RM power supply series. 

Thank you very much.

I would recommend going with much higher than 520w, you want to have around 100w extra when maxed out.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You might be fine but whats the name of the power supply?

"Believe in yourself. Cuz that's the way to start." 

It would help to list your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

520 x 80% = 416  your psu  whopping around 80 - 100 % so I recommended to get a new one you need at least 650w 

520 x 80% = 416  your psu  whopping around 80 - 100 % so I recommended to get a new one you need at least 650w 

That's not how efficiency works. A 520w psu should be able to output 520w regardless of efficiency. A less efficient psu will just draw more power from the wall to supply the wattage.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have an intel core i7 4930k with 2133mhz 16gb corsair dominator platinum memory an asus z97 deluxe mobo and a gt 970, the psu is a seasonic fanless 520 watt psu. 

Your current PSU is fine I think

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I have an intel core i7 4930k with 2133mhz 16gb corsair dominator platinum memory an asus z97 deluxe mobo and a gt 970, the psu is a seasonic fanless 520 watt psu.

You're fine.

You're perfectly fine. The Seasonic fanless are better then the Corsair RM

"Rawr XD"