BenQ No Sound From External Speakers

Sup3rvillain

Having a little issue, i have a BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor and i wanted to hook up my PS4 on it.

Everything went fine, picture is great, however audio players from the monitor's internal speakers, but not my external ones.

The monitor does have a 3.5mm audio port (the green one). When i plug my speakers in, the sound continues to play from the internal speakers and not the external.

..aaand the internal speakers are kind of terrible lol, the sound is very low, no bass, etc.

For reference:

Speakers/system i'm using:

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Subwoofer-Frustration-CA-3602a/dp/B0027VT6V4/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1429484651&sr=1-8&keywords=computer+speakers

Monitor:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKDFL4O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also to add, if i connect the monitor to my laptop, plug my speakers audio cable into the monitor's port, it still does not play through the external speakers. I'm using an HDMI cable for both the laptop and PS4.

I've tried messing with the monitor's settings, changing audio input from PC Only to HDMI Only to even auto select. But alas nothing changes.

is there an audio output option in your monitor settings?

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

is there an audio output option in your monitor settings?

Yes the options are:

PC Audio

HDMI Audio

Auto Select

i've tried all 3, no luck

Yes the options are:

PC Audio

HDMI Audio

Auto Select

As you said those are the input settings, but what about the output? Like is there an option for headphone/speaker out/internal speaker?

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Yes the options are:

PC Audio

HDMI Audio

Auto Select

under your playback devices in your sound options

do it list your monitor speakers as the output?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Have you checked the control panel to set the computer speakers as default and installed drivers (I know it sounds stupid, but I've done it before)

P.S follow your topics and quote people when replying

Have you checked the control panel to set the computer speakers as default and installed drivers (I know it sounds stupid, but I've done it before)

P.S follow your topics and quote people when replying

Computer speakers were the default, but the issue isn't for my computer -- it's when i want to play my PS4 using my monitor. I can easily plug the external speakers audio jack into my laptops input. 

under your playback devices in your sound options

do it list your monitor speakers as the output?

Yes it does, i've tried disabling that while i have my external speakers plugged in, the result was no sound at all.

As you said those are the input settings, but what about the output? Like is there an option for headphone/speaker out/internal speaker?

No there is no option for those changes.

-----

It seems like it's an issue with the monitor? I tried more simple speaker that's just the audio jack alone, no volume controls. It was the same result, no sound from the external speaker.

Computer speakers were the default, but the issue isn't for my computer -- it's when i want to play my PS4 using my monitor. I can easily plug the external speakers audio jack into my laptops input. 

Yes it does, i've tried disabling that while i have my external speakers plugged in, the result was no sound at all.

No there is no option for those changes.

-----

It seems like it's an issue with the monitor? I tried more simple speaker that's just the audio jack alone, no volume controls. It was the same result, no sound from the external speaker.

Have you tried plugging the speakers directly into the ps4? I don't have one so I don't know if it has one, and it may have some settings in the ps4 for external speakers.

Have you tried plugging the speakers directly into the ps4? I don't have one so I don't know if it has one, and it may have some settings in the ps4 for external speakers.

There's no port for it, the ps4 only has optical toslink audio port. 

There's no port for it, the ps4 only has optical toslink audio port. 

Not sure then, maybe try to get a usb to audio port, that may help but not too sure, maybe someone else will know. Sorry mate.

Do you guys know of any product which will work as an adapter? 

Basically i plug an optical toslink cable into the PS4, the other end into the device, and then my external speakers into the device aswell.

Looking at the manual on the BenQ website (it covers 2 models) if it supports external speakers there should be 2 3.5mm jack ports (side by side) one is input one is output. If you only have one port then it is input only.