How to switch to Intel SATA controller driver?

Go to solution Solved by Ooxaz,

Nevermind, I found the problem.

It turns out you just need to download the drivers for the Intel Sata Controller from your Motherboard Drivers, and then go into disk manager and update them through there, thanks guys ^^.

Hey guys, sorry If I'm posting this in the wrong area, I did not really know where else to post this.

So after doing a clean install of windows 7 a few days ago, I noticed that my SATA controller is set to IDE. No problem, after doing tons of research I found that microsoft have an quick auto fix download for this, so I did exactly that before going into my BIOS and changing the SATA controller to AHCI. Heres what my Device Manager looks like.  http://i.imgur.com/ynKjdzZ.png 

I heard that the Intel SATA controller is a lot faster, so how exactly do I switch to that? I have the Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller ATM, which I heard is slow. (Sorry if I'm a noob at this, I'm still learning.)

post-189518-0-27937700-1429372986.png

I have Indeed updated to all of my latest MOBO Drivers.

I always thought it was as simple as plugging the SATA cable into a port controlled by that controller. I could be terribly wrong though, but I thought that's how it worked with motherboards with multiple controllers.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I have this Motherboard, http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3897#ov

How do I know if this has an INTEL SATA controller?

The white ones are the only SATA 3 ports, so those.  The other 4 ports are probably Micron SATA ports.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

The white ones are the only SATA 3 ports, so those.  The other 4 ports are probably Micron SATA ports.

I have my SSD connected to the White SATA 3 port, so how do I run the INTEL SATA Controller?

It turns out you just need to download the drivers for the Intel Sata Controller from your Motherboard Drivers, and then go into disk manager and update them through there, thanks guys ^^.

Please mark your comment that I quoted as solved in case someone else comes along with a similar issue (if you can mark it solved, not sure tbh, total cba to find out in all honesty).

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Please mark your comment that I quoted as solved in case someone else comes along with a similar issue (if you can mark it solved, not sure tbh, total cba to find out in all honesty).

Done, however is this normal? This is how my device manager appears like now, all the ATA channels are gone, despite me having 2 other HDD's connected.

http://i.imgur.com/xw3qsqG.png

yes..thats the way its suppose to be

most people never bother installing there intel chipset drivers properly

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

btw..you can get the newest drivers from station drivers

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/2013-08-20-16-17-28

Thanks for the help, I very much appreciate it. Ever since I changed my SATA Controller to AHCI my computer has been acting strangely on bootup, saying stuff that it did not before-hand. Here are some photos to explain, I'm sorry if they are not very clear, whenever I boot my PC these appear in order, and take around 30 seconds for windows to start loading.

http://i.imgur.com/JBue2WE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bFH0uh9.jpg

Before changing my SATA controller this did not appear, my computer still works perfect, it just takes a bit more time finding the operating system then it should. Is there a way I can fix this? I'm not too bothered, just concerned.