Metal Gear protagonist

Hi guys, 

I have just played Metal Gear 5 ground zeroes without playing with the prequal games. So since I have no context of this game I am wery confused and very interested in the game's story.

I know that Snake(Big Boss) is a good but still a bad guy. I mean it is said that he is dealing with illegal stuff and a private military that doesn't answear to anybody, but still is saving people's life and stuff. (this remind me of CoD: AW Jonathan Irons).

I have seen videos of game stories and analitycs includeing the game theory's video but nothin told the story of our protagonist. Actually in the video that the game theory made it says that snake is the final boss in the original game, the video also mentions that one of the game follow another charecter than the others......... .

The Phantom Pain is about to come out and the trailer itself is very confuseing. Like at the end it says "Coming 1984"??????????????? I guess that that is going to be an ester egg. But when he mentions" I'll be always with you" who is he talking about?

I have many more questions, is there a video that explains it all or do I have to do a seemingly long research?

Hi guys, 

I have just played Metal Gear 5 ground zeroes without playing with the prequal games. So since I have no context of this game I am wery confused and very interested in the game's story.

I know that Snake(Big Boss) is a good but still a bad guy. I mean it is said that he is dealing with illegal stuff and a private military that doesn't answear to anybody, but still is saving people's life and stuff. (this remind me of CoD: AW Jonathan Irons).

I have seen videos of game stories and analitycs includeing the game theory's video but nothin told the story of our protagonist. Actually in the video that the game theory made it says that snake is the final boss in the original game, the video also mentions that one of the game follow another charecter than the others......... .

The Phantom Pain is about to come out and the trailer itself is very confuseing. Like at the end it says "Coming 1984"??????????????? I guess that that is going to be an ester egg. But when he mentions" I'll be always with you" who is he talking about?

I have many more questions, is there a video that explains it all or do I have to do a seemingly long research?

Seriously , I recommend you Play Metal Gear Solid 3 -> Peace Walker -> Ground Zeroes. I can see how it makes absolutely no sense to you.

The series is like some super long novel since Kojima LOVES Cutscenes. I'll Try to sum it up without giving any major spoilers . In 1960s, Naked Snake (Big Boss) went on the Virtuous Mission, basically save important scientist guy(Inventor of a Metal Gear like Prototype). The mission was a failure , His mentor(the Boss) has defected , now he must kill his mentor and her other students(Cobra Unit). After taking down his mentor , Naked Snake got the Title Big Boss. He left the US Military and started his own PMC because he felt conflicted about what his mentor said before she died. 

In the 1970s Snake is brought on a mission by a Russian Guy who claims his mentor is alive . In the search of his Mentor is Central America , he finds a plot to unleash a nuclear warhead launched in retaliation by a Metal Gear with an AI on a population to prove that Nuclear deterrent works.

Ground Zeroes Begins after Peace Walker. Since He was in a Coma for 9 Years in Phantom Pain he wakes up in 1984 , hence coming 1984 , also a George Orwell reference.

We become the 'Bad Guy' in the Phantom Pain because in Peace Walker , You had to build your own Motherbase, hire people , send them on missions , etc.

In Ground Zeroes that base is destroyed , hence the Red Band Trailer has the saying All for Revenge.

The Original METAL GEAR , you play as his son/clone trying to stop him the events of the Original Metal Gear happen after Phantom Pain. 

Seriously , I recommend you Play Metal Gear Solid 3 -> Peace Walker -> Ground Zeroes. I can see how it makes absolutely no sense to you.

The series is like some super long novel since Kojima LOVES Cutscenes. I'll Try to sum it up without giving any major spoilers . In 1960s, Naked Snake (Big Boss) went on the Virtuous Mission, basically save important scientist guy(Inventor of a Metal Gear like Prototype). The mission was a failure , His mentor(the Boss) has defected , now he must kill his mentor and her other students(Cobra Unit). After taking down his mentor , Naked Snake got the Title Big Boss. He left the US Military and started his own PMC because he felt conflicted about what his mentor said before she died. 

In the 1970s Snake is brought on a mission by a Russian Guy who claims his mentor is alive . In the search of his Mentor is Central America , he finds a plot to unleash a nuclear warhead launched in retaliation by a Metal Gear with an AI on a population to prove that Nuclear deterrent works.

Ground Zeroes Begins after Peace Walker. Since He was in a Coma for 9 Years in Phantom Pain he wakes up in 1984 , hence coming 1984 , also a George Orwell reference.

We become the 'Bad Guy' in the Phantom Pain because in Peace Walker , You had to build your own Motherbase, hire people , send them on missions , etc.

In Ground Zeroes that base is destroyed , hence the Red Band Trailer has the saying All for Revenge.

The Original METAL GEAR , you play as his son/clone trying to stop him the events of the Original Metal Gear happen after Phantom Pain. 

OK but who is Miller, when does he make his 1st appearence?

OK but who is Miller, when does he make his 1st appearence?

Miller Makes his first appearance in Peace Walker the PSP Game thats also for PS3 as a HD Remake.

During Peacewalker through some cassette , you'll learn Big Boss met him in between Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater.

He was originally fighting Big Boss , Big Boss defeated him and then recruited him. He is the 2nd in Command of Mother Base/MSF.

Miller Makes his first appearance in Peace Walker the PSP Game thats also for PS3 as a HD Remake.

During Peacewalker through some cassette , you'll learn Big Boss met him in between Peace Walker and Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater.

He was originally fighting Big Boss , Big Boss defeated him and then recruited him. He is the 2nd in Command of Mother Base/MSF.

Allright thanks that was helpful,

I am still learning a lot day to day. :)