Macbook Pro SSD

ForFour

i was wondering what difference that new 1.3 Gbps ssd, that apple puts in its new MB pro, would make compared to normal SATA 3 ssds. Number wise it is roughly the same difference as with hdd to standart ssd, hdd to ssd being quite noticable imo, but will i feel the same difference with apple's new one?

Even side-by-side my Samsung 840 Evo isn't noticeably slower than my Mac's PCIE ssd. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

i was wondering what difference that new 1.3 Gbps ssd, that apple puts in its new MB pro, would make compared to normal SATA 3 ssds. Number wise it is roughly the same difference as with hdd to standart ssd, hdd to ssd being quite noticable imo, but will i feel the same difference with apple's new one?

The difference in feel between an HDD and SSD comes from the latency difference, not bandwidth. The latency of Apple is no different from any SATA SSD, so no you will not feel a difference.

You'd notice a huge difference. I went from a Mid-2012 15" MBP with an SSD to a Mid-2014 13" rMBP (with a ~800 Mbps SSD) and the difference was insane. 

However, if you have an older one, there is no way to install a newer Macbook PCI_E SSD into it, as they use a proprietary SSD connector.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I have a late 2014 13" rMBP with the 1TB SSD option, which does roughly 900MB/s read and write... It is insanely fast... No storage related lag or sluggishness whatsoever and working with video is great... On the other hand, it is overkill and thus expensive, and the difference is less than it sounds like in day to day use.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz