LG G Watch R vs Moto360

msvelev

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a smart watch, because.... why not?

And I'm split between the G watch and the Moto 360.

I have an LG G3 and I'm wondering will there be more benefits from the G watch, any LG specific features?

Please help me decide, any opinion is welcome.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

The G watch R is miles ahead of the 360, its not even a joke. Yes there are LG specific features when you use it with a G3

Why not = both those watches were released last year so hopefully they'll be second gen refreshes this year which will hopefully be a lot better.

As for between the 2 I prefer the G watch R because no flat tyre.

I don't thing lg offers any benefits if you get the g watch because it runs stock android wear. 

I would get the Lg G watch because of the longer battery life and generally looks better to me than the moto360. 

Thanks everyone(@Excon, @jayctech, @Amature_m8), will get a G watch tomorrow then :)

As of them being old gen, I don't want to wait for the newer one. And they'll probably be more expensive as well.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

g watch is alot better but the 360 is such a good looking watch but the 2nd gen may be on its way

Thanks everyone(@Excon, @jayctech, @Amature_m8), will get a G watch tomorrow then :)

As of them being old gen, I don't want to wait for the newer one. And they'll probably be more expensive as well.

I dunno.. A second gen item would make the 1st gen drop in price. Even moreso if production of the first gen stops. So I guess.. Even if you do decide on first gen it may be worth waiting for second gen to save money.

I dunno.. A second gen item would make the 1st gen drop in price. Even moreso if production of the first gen stops. So I guess.. Even if you do decide on first gen it may be worth waiting for second gen to save money.

Sadly in my country nothing comes down in prices.. the R9 290 are still at the price of launch, even when they dropped like crazy in the US. Gotta love the mother land :)

Battery life on the LG G Watch R is supposedly better, lasting up to two days in some cases. However, I haven't had an issue with the Moto 360, I took it off the charger at 7AM yesterday and put it back on the charger at 11PM, it had 50% battery life left, which surprised even me. Most days I do usually end at 40%, and that's with modest use and toying. Honestly just don't forget to charge the Moto 360 and there isn't a problem.

The G Watch R has an always on display which, if you're willing to pay the premium for that, it does seem worth it. I went from a Pebble to the Moto 360, and I hate how I have to flick my wrist and twist it a certain way just to see time with one hand, I never had to do that with Pebble. The G Watch R is more appetizing for that reason only.

Size depends on the person. At first I thought the Moto 360 was going to be huge on my wrist, and... it wasn't actually. The G Watch R is supposedly really bulky in comparison though, so if you're ok with a really large, yet casual looking watch, it's whatever.

Design, I absolutely love the Moto 360. It's shiny, the flat tire is not at all bothersome on standard digital time based clocks, and the leather strap is great. Overall it beat the G Watch R in design for me.

And price... The Moto 360 is quite a bit cheaper now. Google is selling it for $165.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Battery life on the LG G Watch R is supposedly better, lasting up to two days in some cases. However, I haven't had an issue with the Moto 360, I took it off the charger at 7AM yesterday and put it back on the charger at 11PM, it had 50% battery life left, which surprised even me. Most days I do usually end at 40%, and that's with modest use and toying. Honestly just don't forget to charge the Moto 360 and there isn't a problem.

The G Watch R has an always on display which, if you're willing to pay the premium for that, it does seem worth it. I went from a Pebble to the Moto 360, and I hate how I have to flick my wrist and twist it a certain way just to see time with one hand, I never had to do that with Pebble. The G Watch R is more appetizing for that reason only.

Size depends on the person. At first I thought the Moto 360 was going to be huge on my wrist, and... it wasn't actually. The G Watch R is supposedly really bulky in comparison though, so if you're ok with a really large, yet casual looking watch, it's whatever.

Design, I absolutely love the Moto 360. It's shiny, the flat tire is not at all bothersome on standard digital time based clocks, and the leather strap is great. Overall it beat the G Watch R in design for me.

And price... The Moto 360 is quite a bit cheaper now. Google is selling it for $165.

Thank you very much for the detailed comparison :)

I''ll have to see them in person to decide which one looks better, which is a huge part of the whole "wearable experience".

However so far:

The G watch has better battery, the screen always on seems a huge one for me, and in my country currently it's 100BGN(50 USD) cheaper.

So it seems like the clear winner for now.

The LG G Watch R which is good in design and battery life is good also it has full real round screen.