Need help finding compatible TWRP

Xtreme Gamer

Im trying to (for the FIRST TIME EVER) unlock my bootloader and install twrp and flash supersu to get root. My problem is that I cant seem to find the newest version of TWRP compatible on Nvidia Shield tablet Wifi version. Help please?? Thanks!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Choose your device and download the newest revison for it here.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Choose your device and download the newest revison for it here.

No official TWRP for Shield

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

If I flash an incompatible recovery. Can I just reflash a compatible one?

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

That sucks. CWM should works perfectly fine, and can be installed from app market.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

If I flash an incompatible recovery. Can I just reflash a compatible one?

No, but that one should work. Read through that post, otherwise use Clockwork Mod.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

No, but that one should work. Read through that post, otherwise use Clockwork Mod.

So if I flash an incompatible recovery, it's bricked?

So if I flash an incompatible recovery, it's bricked?

As far as I know, yes. But again you should be fine as long as you make sure everything is okay by reading that thread.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

As far as I know, yes. But again you should be fine as long as you make sure everything is okay by reading that thread.

The only reason im looking for a custom recovery is so i can root with supersu. Do I really need a custom recovery just to do that?

The only reason im looking for a custom recovery is so i can root with supersu. Do I really need a custom recovery just to do that?

I honestly have no idea for Shield. It really just depends on the device. I'd read through some threads on the XDA Forums for some more help.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler