need help building a pc

sakke36

Hi everyone

currently I am gaming on a 5 year old pc, so it is time to do an upgrade.

I found a setup that I like, but I'm not sure if it is worth the pricetag (I do prefer to get an already built PC, since I dont want to mess anything up by building my own pc)

I live in Belgium, and I want to buy my pc in Belgium/Netherlands l (online though), just for easy shipping in case of problems.

the setup: 

case:                coolermaster storm stryker

cpu:                  intel core i7 4790 3.6GHz

coolinh:            Corsair Hydro H80i/cooler master hyper 412S

motherboard:   asus maximus VII ranger

ram:                 crucial ballistix tactial 8GB DDR3-1866

gpu:                 Nvidia GTX 980 4GB

harddrives:      SSD crucial BX100 250GB

2000 GB sata III

power supply:  1000W cooler master V1000 series

basic DVD burner

professional overclocking is an option for €20, not sure if this is worth it though

the pricetag: €2000 

any advice towards the build is much appreciated.

Downgrade the CPU to a 4670k and overclock it. That's what I'll do if I was on that budget. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

You should look up the parts at a store in BelgiumNetherlands and see how much the parts cost. Personally, I wouldn't spend $2000 on a PC with just a gtx 980 and nothing more but I think prices over there are higher so it might not be that bad of a price. 

Thats a great build, but there is NO WAY it's worth €2000. Just build it yourself, there is so many guides.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

it seems reasonable price to me, however, you could cut down on the price though, and avoid over spending on hardware that doesnt impact performance!

thanks for the advice guys.

i checked my build on that site (http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/MCGxQ7) and i compared my build with the one from techguru. I saw a big difference in the money invested on the motherboard. €400 seems quite a lot to spend on a motherboard, so correct me if i'm wrong, but i am probable better of getting a cheaper one? or is this really a good one, and should i stick with it?

another question that's bugging me: is water cooling better than standard cooling?

I will look into getting the parts seperate, but looking at the pricetag from http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/MCGxQ7 , it doesn't look that promising.