precision X won't show up

robijntje
Go to solution Solved by fracking4oil,

Are you sure you don't have it opened on a secondary monitor that is now disconnected or turned off?

Hello, I use precision X for my graphics card, but the program won't show on my screen. I then reinstalled the program, but still, it opens but it doesn't show on my screen...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thx in advance

Robijntje :)

Something that might work:

Run it,  then change screen resolution to something lower than you usually run. This may recover it. Then change back to what you usually run at.

Solution 2: Use another piece of software in place of Precision X.

Sig under construction.

Just go to eherre it is installed ands runm the 32bit version, that worked for merh

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Something that might work:

Run it,  then change screen resolution to something lower than you usually run. This may recover it. Then change back to what you usually run at.

Solution 2: Use another piece of software in place of Precision X.

Your first solution didn't work, and I want to use precision X, I like it more than MSI Afterburner or other programs :P

Your first solution didn't work, and I want to use precision X, I like it more than MSI Afterburner or other programs :P

Okay, my third solution: Get some sort of serious uninstaller that removes all traces of the program, then uninstall Precision X with that and see if it just works upon reinstallation.

Sig under construction.

Okay, my third solution: Get some sort of serious uninstaller that removes all traces of the program, then uninstall Precision X with that and see if it just works upon reinstallation.

Like uninstalling with Ccleaner?

No. Just uninstall EVGA Precision, make sure the folder that contains the software doesn't exists, if it does, delete it.

The program settings are stored where the program is (doesn't follow Microsoft documentation on where to store data).

Once that is done, empty your Temp directory (to clear potentially setup corrupted files, which might be reused), and restart your system (to clear cached memory, just to be extra safe. I mean it doesn't hurt). Now, re-download EVGA Precision, and install it on his default path. This should solve your problem.

If that fails, you can use MSI Afterburner. At the end of the day, these kind of software are nothing more than a GUI on top of Nvidia and AMD driver APIs available for developers. They get the information from your graphics card from the drivers (min clock, max clock, and so on), and sends to the driver your configurations. The only time it differs is if your card has special things added to the card to from the manufacture. But for most cards it doesn't mater.

Are you sure you don't have it opened on a secondary monitor that is now disconnected or turned off?

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Did you even listen to my post :(

I actually did and there's only a x64 file, no x86... and weird, I answered to you, I swear, but it was with my phone, so maybe it didn't post or anything, sorry if I made you think I ignored you because I really didn't :)

Lol, didn't try to set my second monitor to the other side than I usually use him, now it's back... thank you! :D

No. Just uninstall EVGA Precision, make sure the folder that contains the software doesn't exists, if it does, delete it.

The program settings are stored where the program is (doesn't follow Microsoft documentation on where to store data).

Once that is done, empty your Temp directory (to clear potentially setup corrupted files, which might be reused), and restart your system (to clear cached memory, just to be extra safe. I mean it doesn't hurt). Now, re-download EVGA Precision, and install it on his default path. This should solve your problem.

If that fails, you can use MSI Afterburner. At the end of the day, these kind of software are nothing more than a GUI on top of Nvidia and AMD driver APIs available for developers. They get the information from your graphics card from the drivers (min clock, max clock, and so on), and sends to the driver your configurations. The only time it differs is if your card has special things added to the card to from the manufacture. But for most cards it doesn't mater.

thx for responding but problem is already solved! :D