2015 Gaming Laptops?

So I've been shopping around for a gaming laptop. I already have a desktop that I am happy with, however, I need a laptop that is portable, but also with the ability to play games like CSGO or maybe even GTA V.

I have a soft budget of about $1,500.00 dollars but I may be able to scrounge up 300 dollars or so more. Stuff like 4K isn't important for me but I'd prefer a laptop is is unlikely to break or at least easy to fix. Thanks!

So I've been shopping around for a gaming laptop. I already have a desktop that I am happy with, however, I need a laptop that is portable, but also with the ability to play games like CSGO or maybe even GTA V.

I have a soft budget of about $1,500.00 dollars but I may be able to scrounge up 300 dollars or so more. Stuff like 4K isn't important for me but I'd prefer a laptop is is unlikely to break or at least easy to fix. Thanks!

I assume you are US since you are using dollars :)

A few recommendations:

HP Omen

Acer Nitro

MSI GS60 Ghost 

Clevo P650sg/P651SE (often used as base systems)

Some Asus models that I cant think of lol

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Alienware 17 and Alienware 15.

You can customize it get the accidental damage service for extra if you want too.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I can do the same stuff on a 800€ laptop (euros are nowadays almost equal to US $, wow).

However, it's not recommended, so I composed a small list:

MSI GS60 Ghost Pro

MSI GT70 Dominator (this might be at your sweetspot)

Asus Republic of Gamers G551JM

MSI GE70 Apache Pro

MSI GS70 Stealth

While the lower-end MSI laptops are crap, the high-end ones are highly regarded as best gaming laptops.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

For $1800... how big/thick is too big/thick? Because you could get a laptop with an i7-4790S and a 970M and possibly even a small SSD for the OS with that budget. Yes, that's a desktop CPU I called. http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9752-clevo-p750zm-p-7850.html?wconfigure=yes

Or you could go the mobile route, and get this http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8278s-clevo-p170sma-p-6985.html?wconfigure=yes or this

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8652-clevo-p650sg-p-7795.html?wconfigure=yes

The 17" model is the best if you want to use a mobile CPU (and optimus, though I have no idea why you'd want Optimus), but the 15" has more raw power. The desktop CPU model lacks Optimus and an ODD so battery life isn't the best, but it has great user control.

Alienware 17 and Alienware 15.

You can customize it get the accidental damage service for extra if you want too.

No. Those new alienwares are terrible and their CPU throttles like crazy for no reason. Most of the time even medium load locks them to 2.5GHz; it's pathetic. Nobody should buy them for gaming. If Dell or Alienware have a problem with me saying that, they should have made a better gaming laptop.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

For $1800... how big/thick is too big/thick? Because you could get a laptop with an i7-4790S and a 970M and possibly even a small SSD for the OS with that budget. Yes, that's a desktop CPU I called. http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9752-clevo-p750zm-p-7850.html?wconfigure=yes

Or you could go the mobile route, and get this http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8278s-clevo-p170sma-p-6985.html?wconfigure=yes or this

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8652-clevo-p650sg-p-7795.html?wconfigure=yes

The 17" model is the best if you want to use a mobile CPU (and optimus, though I have no idea why you'd want Optimus), but the 15" has more raw power. The desktop CPU model lacks Optimus and an ODD so battery life isn't the best, but it has great user control.

No. Those new alienwares are terrible and their CPU throttles like crazy for no reason. Most of the time even medium load locks them to 2.5GHz; it's pathetic. Nobody should buy them for gaming. If Dell or Alienware have a problem with me saying that, they should have made a better gaming laptop.

Really throttle ?? My experience was the opposite.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Really throttle ?? My experience was the opposite.

Under a certain level of load, yes. They go right down to 2.5GHz with the 4710HQ. If you had the 4980HQ your chip won't do that, but it's still bound by the normal HQ CPU limitations of only 2.5 minutes of extended power usage.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Gigabyte P35X maybe?

It is an awesome gaming laptop with a gtx 980m in such a thin chassis. i own one and surprisingly it does not throttle under load. On idle/low usage the fans would even turn off allowing the system to be silent and passively cooled.

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

I am in this exact situation as my current Alienware laptop, which has served me well, has simply just become a bit to old for me. My budget is a bit stricter due to a new son, but I am still looking at around 1,000 US. I am going to look at some of the current options listed but if anyone has an idea for my situation it would be greatly appreciated!

FOR THE WAFFLES!!!