Help in building my 1st PC setup

XOGamingGB

Hi, everyone.

I am new to this type of thing and I am learning new stuff everyday and my friend convinced me to build my self a gaming/performance PC. So I have decided to look into that and I have decided I would like to keep up with the plan and build my PC by end of this year, my initial budget was going to be around £2,000 but I have decided it will not be enough and I have topped it up to around the £4,000 mark. This will be my first PC build and first expensive PC, before and I still own a PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One and I would like to add a PC into that collection. I have decided to do so because I am studding computing technology at college and moving into University this year to study Computer information systems. So therefore I have decided I will need to have a power horse that will face any problems on the way to perfection. I will be using the computer for programming, video rendering, app creation, web design, mobile game creation and gaming the best games out there. I would like to have the PC for around 5 years and allow me not to upgrade it much over that time, so I have done some research and I have came up with this little beast that I love. Some things there are just overkill but I want to have that little extra power available at any time. I am power freak and I love having too much power available just like cars, I love the powerful ones and be able to use that power at any time. I will include the link to PCPartPicker with my set up and I hope you could check if that is good enough for my 1st set up  ad will be able to keep its level for around 4-5 years and I will not need to upgrade any major hardware in the PC. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/godawa123/saved/#view=9X3v6h 

Thanks, everyone. 

I have topped it up to around the £4,000 mark.

Jesus

Anyway your link is broken, but you should definitly wait for skylake and AMD 300 if you building at the end of the year

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Just so you know a 390X around 600 Euros not 400

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Hi, everyone.

-snip-

Thanks, everyone. 

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a graphics card there...

Also I think the corsair 760T is a LOT sexier

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Wut, how do yo know that

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Yes, I know I am using GBP, and I am willing to spend up to £460 for each GPU, that is the max price I will be going. The price in US will be around $600-$700 MAX USD so I am guessing in UK it will be around £420 mark for each GPU.

Or... you could get a GTX 980 and an I7 5960x.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x3DwXL

for less than 3,000 Euros

OR...

you go for the 4790K and not spend over 2,000

also, link is broken so didn't know if you needed peripherals.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a graphics card there...

Also I think the corsair 760T is a LOT sexier

There are 2 GPU's there and they are R9 390x :)

I am thinking between Corsair 760T, 750D, NZXT Phantom, Phantom 820 or bitfenix colossus window or windowless :)

Just a question; why wouldn't you want to upgrade?

I mean, each year it passes we get better technology, more performance, and a better implementation for the latest experience. Going full overboard feels like getting a Titan on 2013, it was just a tiny bit better than a 780, it got surpassed in performance by the 780ti soon enough, the R9 290X came then offering similar results for even cheaper prices, and now we have the 980 that is already stomping it. Those who bought 780s instead of titans saved half the money, same money it can be used for getting 980s today, or who knows, R9 390Xs tomorrow if they turn out any good.

Same for CPUs, SSDs, and pretty much each other component. I understand that you don't want the hassle of having system downtime, but in 5 years you can plan out a lot of upgrading! Replacing components doesn't need much software handling to begin with, and to be honest I wouldn't recommend anyone to stick with the same windows install more than a year or two.

Jesus

Anyway your link is broken, but you should definitly wait for skylake and AMD 300 if you building at the end of the year

The link should work, and yes thats what I going to do I will get 2 R9 390x and Intel i7 5gen

the link schould work

OR...

I would go for the i7 4th gen but I want the PC to last for around 5-6 years without major updates done to it. 

OR...

I would go for the i7 4th gen but I want the PC to last for around 5-6 years without major updates done to it. 

get a 5960x and a titanx you have the budget

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

get a 5960x and a titanx you have the budget

Titan x is over rated card and it uses slower speeds so it makes it worse than the 390x by quiet bit :) 

If you are willing to spend 4,000 anyways then go 5960X

Also 1 GTX 980 will do pretty much anything short of workstation-grade rendering, and the 390x wont be for another year.

with the build I gave you it leaves more than 1,00 for desk, chair, etc. Don't liquid cool your GPU, not worth.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just a question; why wouldn't you want to upgrade?

I mean, each year it passes we get better technology, more performance, and a better implementation for the latest experience. Going full overboard feels like getting a Titan on 2013, it was just a tiny bit better than a 780, it got surpassed in performance by the 780ti soon enough, the R9 290X came then offering similar results for even cheaper prices, and now we have the 980 that is already stomping it. Those who bought 780s instead of titans saved half the money, same money it can be used for getting 980s today, or who knows, R9 390Xs tomorrow if they turn out any good.

Same for CPUs, SSDs, and pretty much each other component. I understand that you don't want the hassle of having system downtime, but in 5 years you can plan out a lot of upgrading! Replacing components doesn't need much software handling to begin with, and to be honest I wouldn't recommend anyone to stick with the same windows install more than a year or two.

I dont want to upgrade becasue I will be at university for 3 years and I will not have the money to add every other month on new components, so I have decided I will go big on the beggining and just replace things like fans hdd's, ssd's after 2 years or so. My friend told me it is good idea because he has done the same with the r9 290x. He spend £3k on his PC and it handles any game at 4k displays no problem and he gets around 40fps and thats on 2 290x's. I want to have the system to be able to do anything I want in the next 4 or so years. I would say 16GB VRAM will not get old any time soon unless there will be like 12k games coming out. 

Thanks for the help aswell :)

If you are willing to spend 4,000 anyways then go 5960X

Also 1 GTX 980 will do pretty much anything short of workstation-grade rendering, and the 390x wont be for another year.

with the build I gave you it leaves more than 1,00 for desk, chair, etc. Don't liquid cool your GPU, not worth.

I want it to last long time and to look cool you see. The money isnt the issue if its kept below £5k mark:) I would say that the 980 would do the job but I want something new and something different, thats why I chosen the 390x's. To my knowledge they will come out between June-September time, but if not I will get one 290x and wait until the 390x comes out and replace it I guess.   

Titan x is over rated card and it uses slower speeds so it makes it worse than the 390x by quiet bit :)

Titan X isn't that overrated, especially for a single GPU card. Also, the 390x your talking about isn't out yet

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply