Microphone Static Noise

aBlaze

So after persisting with this problem for a while I've decided to consult the forums on why my microphone occasionally starts blurting out static, I was on skype with a friend when the worst outbreak of static yet happened, my friend could hear it to so it's not just my headphones or the output -It's a Samson Meteor Mic and I use the audio output on the microphone itself to plug my headphones in-. I'm no expert but I figure that it has something to do with electrical interference. Maybe I should start wearing a tinfoil hat... Anyway I recorded the noise so that you can enjoy it too. I also tried moving the USB connector around but it hasn't solved the problem. Thank you smart people for figuring this out for me. Hopefully, maybe it is just a faulty mic.

Static.wav

Try contacting whoever you bought the MIC from? Maybe ask to RMA it and tell them why? Then if you get a new MIC and the issue persists then you know its not the MIC that was the issue

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White