nh-d15 in a define r5?

Zackslay3r

will it fit? any ram issues? 

thanks. :)

CPU:i7-4790k CPU Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB(2 4 GB sticks) *UPGRADED TO 16GB(4 4GB Sticks)* GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming *UPGRADED TO Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC* PSU: Antec Edge 750w Case: Define R5 Monitor: Asus VG248QE *UPGRADED to a Acer X34 as my main monitor and my VG248QE as my secondary monitor* Keyboard: Gamidas Hermes *UPGRADED to a Corsair K70 RGB with BROWN switches* Mouse: Razer Naga Epic 2014

will it fit? any ram issues? 

thanks. :)

Depends on your Mobo, some have different RAM positions.  :P

I've read that it barely fits into the D5

P.S

Follow your topics  :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

Depends on your Mobo, some have different RAM positions.  :P

I've read that it barely fits into the D5

P.S

Follow your topics  :D

Asus sabertooth z97-mk2?

CPU:i7-4790k CPU Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 3 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB(2 4 GB sticks) *UPGRADED TO 16GB(4 4GB Sticks)* GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming *UPGRADED TO Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC* PSU: Antec Edge 750w Case: Define R5 Monitor: Asus VG248QE *UPGRADED to a Acer X34 as my main monitor and my VG248QE as my secondary monitor* Keyboard: Gamidas Hermes *UPGRADED to a Corsair K70 RGB with BROWN switches* Mouse: Razer Naga Epic 2014

Plenty of room for cooler (asrock z97/ac, r5, nd-d15), but low profile ram is best if you are using both fans and don't want to raise the side fan too high above cooler to clear ram.......I dont see how any motherboard could be an issue unless its freakish in some dimension.

You should check out the noctua nh-d15 faq/specs and the r5 manual on both websites they provide exact dimensions for clearances etc

oh ya the other issue is that the first pcie slot maybe very close to the cooler so for graphics cards to fit its better if its not in the first slot....something to watch out for.

Not sure about the R5, but I was able to squeeze a NH-D15 on an ITX board into the Bitfenix Prodigy.I also was able to fit G.Skill Ripjaws series RAM underneath it. This did require me to move the fan to the other side though in order to use both fans and get the cooler into the case.

I don't think you should have an issue with the GPU, I would be more concerned about the cooler height.

After looking up posted specs the NH-D15 should have 20mm to spare. Don't want to sound like a dick, but it took me 5 minutes to see if the cooler would fit in the case or not, and is something you should do for yourself. The only thing that you won't know till you try is whether your chosen RAM will fit.