Can't get onboard graphics to work again

bvm1228

I am working on a hackintosh and I need to use my onboard graphics but when I disconnect my graphics card my onboard graphics isn't recognized so my screen is blank. I have tried CMOS reset but it still doesn't work.

same thing happened to mine i guess once you put in a graphics card the system makes it a default so i bought a crappy $50 graphics card to run it now its your choice if you wanna do the same thing i did

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

That is a serious flaw if there is no way to revert back to the onboard graphics

put your Graphics card in go into BIOS and change it to use onboard instead of PCI-E.

Some motherboards default to PCI-E Graphics and are supposed to switch back when a graphics card is removed. This feature was often broken. :(

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I also tried that but I still get a black screen when I reboot

I also tried that but I still get a black screen when I reboot
That sucks dude. :(

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

What motherboard are u using? Have you tried looking into the manual to see if there are things to set in order to use onboard graphics?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I am using an ASRock "Fatal1ty" Professional Z77