H440 Case Question.

DarkBlade2117

How quiet are the fans for the case? The CPU will be water cooled to maximize quietness but how about the fans?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The stock fans aren't loud but aren't quiet either. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They're normal fans, don't expect noctua fans stock unless you know, noctua releases a case.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

They don't need to be PERFECTLY quiet. Just as long as I don't hear it while playing games and stuff. I'll be wearing the Razer Kraken Pros when I game and stuff for now because of the mic and I don't need a high quality one.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

They're normal fans, don't expect noctua fans stock unless you know, noctua releases a case.

Noctua case not happening last time I checked. 

sobbingten_zpsa2b3efea.gif

They don't need to be PERFECTLY quiet. Just as long as I don't hear it while playing games and stuff. I'll be wearing the Razer Kraken Pros when I game and stuff for now because of the mic and I don't need a high quality one.

You shouldn't easily hear them over your headset. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Noctua case not happening last time I checked. 

sobbingten_zpsa2b3efea.gif

You shouldn't easily hear them over your headset.

Alright cool, if they really bothered me I could just buy new fans but I'll use them and see how they arebefore. Go out and spend the extra money

The fans are great, especially the back 140mm fan. That thing is quiet. Have in mind that some people make the mistake of connecting their fans directly to their power supply.

Thanks everyone. Like I said if it really bothers me Id get some Noctua or those Corsair fans everyone gets.

Thanks everyone. Like I said if it really bothers me Id get some Noctua or those Corsair fans everyone gets.

Mate, before you jump on the Noctua bandwagon, they are quiet in terms of airflow noise. Their motor hum, however, is unacceptable, especially for the price.

I fell for that and got disappointed, got the AF140 and they are surprisingly silent. Just keep that in mind.

Mate, before you jump on the Noctua bandwagon, they are quiet in terms of airflow noise. Their motor hum, however, is unacceptable, especially for the price.

I fell for that and got disappointed, got the AF140 and they are surprisingly silent. Just keep that in mind.

What motor hum? Are you sure you're not confusing the hum for sound from a bad fan mount?

As a H440 owner I can say this - I replaced the stock front fans with Noiseblocker eLoop B12-3s and the stock fans were quieter, even when I have the Noiseblockers undervolted to 7V I can still hear them over anything else in the PC, but it is a negligible sound, nothing to be concerned, at least in my opinion :)

What motor hum? Are you sure you're not confusing the hum for sound from a bad fan mount?

I thought so at first but no, I remounted it and moved it around. The hum is very distinctive and it came from both fans. Unless both of them were defective, the conclusion is that the hum is natural. For some people it's ok and I'm sure they're quest in comparison to others however, they are not the silent marvels people say they are.

PS: I also have a very silent room so there is that.

I thought so at first but no, I remounted it and moved it around. The hum is very distinctive and it came from both fans. Unless both of them were defective, the conclusion is that the hum is natural. For some people it's ok and I'm sure they're quest in comparison to others however, they are not the silent marvels people say they are.

PS: I also have a very silent room so there is that.

Which fans and at what speed did you run them? How were they mounted?

NF A14 PWN x2. I had them mounted at the front of the case, running at 600rpm~?

NF A14 PWN x2. I had them mounted at the front of the case, running at 600rpm~?

Were they hard-mounted or did you use dampeners like rubber screws?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

They are decent, but on mine on one of the fans one of the blades just fell off. Yes, fell off, I didn't break it. Now there is this death screech coming from another one. Sooo Not so quiet for me. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Were they hard-mounted or did you use dampeners like rubber screws?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

At first I had them on the rubber mounts because "Hey! Rubber mounts are cool". They were a bitch to get them on. Changed it to regular screws just to eliminate variables but it was to no avail.

The hum starts when you get above 650rpm~.

At first I had them on the rubber mounts because "Hey! Rubber mounts are cool". They were a bitch to get them on. Changed it to regular screws just to eliminate variables but it was to no avail.

The hum starts when you get above 650rpm~.

It seems like you might have mounted them improperly. Trying running them above 650rpm when holding the fan in your hand and see if the hum persists. 

What do you mean by 'eliminate variables'?

It seems like you might have mounted them improperly. Trying running them above 650rpm when holding the fan in your hand and see if the hum persists.

What do you mean by 'eliminate variables'?

I meant that I mounted them with the rubber screws and then with hard screws just to see if anything changed.

Maybe I did screw up but, to do it twice on two different fans?

I meant that I mounted them with the rubber screws and then with hard screws just to see if anything changed.

Maybe I did screw up but, to do it twice on two different fans?

Huh, that's strange. I have them myself and there is a hum--but only with my ear centimeters away from the front of the fan. I run them at ~450rpm.

How loud is the hum?

Huh, that's strange. I have them myself and there is a hum--but only with my ear centimeters away from the front of the fan. I run them at ~450rpm.

How loud is the hum?

It's there. I mean I can see people getting used to it and fade it into the background eventually but since I live a very quiet apartment, every sound feels amplified.

I still think it's a good fan, pricey sure, but you can't really go wrong. I just wanted to make sure that op knows about it before spending 60$ on 3 fans.

It's there. I mean I can see people getting used to it and fade it into the background eventually but since I live a very quiet apartment, every sound feels amplified.

I still think it's a good fan, pricey sure, but you can't really go wrong. I just wanted to make sure that op knows about it before spending 60$ on 3 fans.

I don't see how you had an issue with the NF-A14's hum but not the louder AF140's?

$60.. That would be the cheapest thing in the whole setup I'm gonna have lol. I'll just see how the H440 fans are and maybe replace them in the future if they bother me.