Asus:

15inch - Full HD - ISP 

GTX 860m with 2gb vram

i7 - 4710HQ  @ 2500 Mhz

8 Gb Ram

Ssd 256 Gb

Weighs 2,7kg for 1230 Euro

---------------------------------------------------------

So basicly the Acer is better if I look at the hardware and slimness. But I never used a Hdd cachce SSD before. Is that any good? Could you pls tell me info about it. And which one would you suggest? Strangely I cant find any review about the Acer. The Acer would be perfect if it had only a SSD instead. I dont mind using a 256Gb one. I am really afraid of heat issues and fan noise because I will use it alot on my lap. 

I searched the web like crazy while looking at these standpoints for max 1300ish euro's.

1-) Must have Full HD
2-) Must have IPS ~5ms
3-) Must have SSD
4-) Must have HDMI port
5-) Must have a good GTX card
6-) Must have a good i7
7-) Must have 8gb or more
8-) MUST be slim and NOT heavy (cant be the thinnest I know)
9-) NO optical drive
10-) NO heat issues or fan noise problems because I will use the laptop alot on a daily basis.  

The Acer is better on specs

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Don't bother with that Caching crap. I've currently got it going on my Asus Vivobook and it's made no perceivable difference in performance compared to a regular laptop drive at all.

Check eurocomp. You can select the exact parts you want in your laptop

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Don't bother with that Caching crap. I've currently got it going on my Asus Vivobook and it's made no perceivable difference in performance compared to a regular laptop drive at all.

I have a 32gb ssd for caching only on my dell laptop and the difference is night and day

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

So its the same as a regular HDD :(

I cant find anything google about the "Acer Aspire VN7" laptop strangely.

Or even on youtube.

Actually it does offer a pretty good advantage, Pudget has an article on it.

Basically this.

fa42d8ca606ea6a3650e616381dd34df.png

They used an 80GB drive rather than an 8GB drive, but suffice to say, there is a difference.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Definitely go with the Acer.

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

Basically this.

They used an 80GB drive rather than an 8GB drive, but suffice to say, there is a difference.

Basically this.

But if you read just about any other review it only benefits tasks that are often repeated. Like boot up and all that jazz. If you have any diversification at all in your workload then it doesn't make the greatest difference.

Acer it is I think.

I am only worried about heat and fan noise issue besides that it looks all promising for its price. Specially the graphics card.

But if you read just about any other review it only benefits tasks that are often repeated. Like boot up and all that jazz. If you have any diversification at all in your workload then it doesn't make the greatest difference.

I mean, it's cache, kind of in the name. Only the most recent and consistently used programs are saved. You aren't going to see too terribly many benefits with 8GB but it's fully possible to upgrade it to something worth it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I mean, it's cache, kind of in the name. Only the most recent and consistently used programs are saved. You aren't going to see too terribly many benefits with 8GB but it's fully possible to upgrade it to something worth it.

Yeah I get that. But even with a 60GB cache (which is the max cache that Intel recommends before you get performance drop off's) you still only have enough room for some of the OS and a few programs, maybe part of a game.

I get why people like using SSD cache's and what not. But personally I don't think the benefits are really all that worth it at all. You get more control and much faster speed by simply picking what you want on the SSD manually and then leaving it be.