Win8.1 PC cannot print with network shared Win7 printer

Hey guys,

So I have an old Lenovo laptop (Win7 32-bit) running 24/7 as a print server and spare computer. Whenever I try to print from my Win8.1 desktop, I get an "Access Denied" error message. This problem occurs on and off. I initially had the same problem when I tried to add the printer. I let it be for a couple of days and then everything started working like it normally would, allowing me to add the printer and print. Strangely enough, I have a Macbook Pro running OS X Yosemite and it prints on the printer flawlessly all the time. 

The printer is a HP LaserJet 1320 if that matters. All computers are connected over Wifi. 

I've tried re-installing the printer today and it still gives me the access denied error. I attached the error message I get when I click on the printer in control panel > devices and printers.

Any ideas? It's getting very annoying to have to pull out my laptop everytime I need to print something.

Thanks in advance.

post-148547-0-30556700-1429026459.png

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Network sharing, even between two win7 computers, is basicly crap with a microsoft logo. I have the same problem when transfering files over WLan

"Nope, said the engineer"

just plug your printer into the router and it will work perfectly

then you just install the drivers on each pc

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

just plug your printer into the router and it will work perfectly

then you just install the drivers on each pc

I would've already done that if it was an option, but my router is pretty far away and I don't have room to put a printer where it is. Would upgrading the old PC from win7 to win8.1 fix anything? I mean would it improve network sharing?

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys