A question regarding using 2.1 and 2.0 in my pc.

Mikey123

Hi there,
Basically I currently have a 2.1 set that i've been using for quite some time, and i'm looking to get a good 2.0 set. My question is that, can I use the sub woofer that came with the 2.1 set? The idea is to plug the subwoofer to the pc and the 2.0 set to the pc to get the extra sub.

Thank's!

That would depend on what speakers you have. If it's like one of those Logitech or creative ones then it's not likely nor would you want to. It wouldn't sound good even if you were able to.

That would depend on what speakers you have. If it's like one of those Logitech or creative ones then it's not likely nor would you want to. It wouldn't sound good even if you were able to.

Thank you for answering. It's not logitech/creative, it's a good off brand speaker company, I've just decided to get a far better 2.0 set.

The thing is, the amp is built into the subwoofer, and the plug that goes to the pc is going from the subwoofer. So idealy it's possible, correct?

Thank you for answering. It's not logitech/creative, it's a good off brand speaker company, I've just decided to get a far better 2.0 set.

The thing is, the amp is built into the subwoofer, and the plug that goes to the pc is going from the subwoofer. So idealy it's possible, correct?

What sub is it? I can't tell anything from "a good off brand speaker company."