gpu slowly getting hotter and hotter on idel as time go's on

jamese669

You could try changing the thermal paste. Manufatures sometimes cheap out on thermal paste and the cheap stuff begins to degrade over time. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It seems like they are just to close, i would never recommend SLI'ing cards unless they are water-cooled.

Are you using dual monitors or something else that might have the temp go up?

Also, there could be some dust inside the cards or one of them just isn't getting enough air :/

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

It seems like they are just to close, i would never recommend SLI'ing cards unless they are water-cooled.

Are you using dual monitors or something else that might have the temp go up?

Also, there could be some dust inside the cards or one of them just isn't getting enough air :/

nah not any more had for a little while ut had no need for secondmonitor

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

nah not any more had for a little while ut had no need for secondmonitor

It has to be the air then :/ As i said i never recommend SLI or crossfire unless they are water-cooled for that reason alone.

My idle temp with dual monitor = 45-47 My idle with 1 monitor = 31-37 (depending if i'm doing something or not), and as you know your idle temp is a bit high.

I don't think it's the thermal paste either, it's EVGA they make some of the best cards in the world so i don't think they would want to spare a dollar on each GPU^^

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

It has to be the air then :/ As i said i never recommend SLI or crossfire unless they are water-cooled for that reason alone.

My idle temp with dual monitor = 45-47 My idle with 1 monitor = 31-37 (depending if i'm doing something or not), and as you know your idle temp is a bit high.

I don't think it's the thermal paste either, it's EVGA they make some of the best cards in the world so i don't think they would want to spare a dollar on each GPU^^

yeah it a bit hoter here than usall but not enough to accept temps that high

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

All it seems to me is that the "top card" in Precision X is not getting enough air or that the gpu cooler isn't connected properly.

You could check if all the screws we're in tight (not to tight obviously) ^^