Anyone here use Coursera?

TechFnatic

Hey guys, long story short I want to enroll in a python course on Coursera as it is free, trying to learn this language as best as possible. Have any of you used Coursera? if so how do the courses work and did you find them helpful?

Since the classes on Coursera are taught by university professors, taking a course is similar to taking an online/distance university course. You'll have online lectures/videos you'll have to attend/review each week. You may have a textbook to supplement what you're learning in the lectures/videos. You'll also have some form of graded work like projects/assignments/tests depending on the course. You have access to people to answer your questions (possibly the professor or other people running the course) and can discuss things with the other people taking the course in a private forum.

The downside is that most courses can only be taken when offered. You may not be able to start the course you want right away. If it's this course you were looking at, it looks good to me. Says it doesn't start until June though. That may be perfect for you or you may want to start learning now in which case another option might be better.

Since the classes on Coursera are taught by university professors, taking a course is similar to taking an online/distance university course. You'll have online lectures/videos you'll have to attend/review each week. You may have a textbook to supplement what you're learning in the lectures/videos. You'll also have some form of graded work like projects/assignments/tests depending on the course. You have access to people to answer your questions (possibly the professor or other people running the course) and can discuss things with the other people taking the course in a private forum.

The downside is that most courses can only be taken when offered. You may not be able to start the course you want right away. If it's this course you were looking at, it looks good to me. Says it doesn't start until June though. That may be perfect for you or you may want to start learning now in which case another option might be better.

Yeah, it is a good start though, unfortunately I do have to wait. I am doing another course that is readily available in the meant time, so far I am liking it. Thanks for the help

Hey guys, long story short I want to enroll in a python course on Coursera as it is free, trying to learn this language as best as possible. Have any of you used Coursera? if so how do the courses work and did you find them helpful?

Hi. We use it at work and I did a public speaking course on it. Thought it was pretty good and very professional.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Hi. We use it at work and I did a public speaking course on it. Thought it was pretty good and very professional.

Yeah, as i'm progressing through the course I discover that you can get the basics down through the videos, but I am following along with a textbook at the same time which helps me get all the details.