Would G.Skill Ripjaws fit with this Phanteks CPU Cooler?

CurlyCucumber
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,

Newegg link needs spaces added after the first bracket, and before second bracket, currently the hyperlink thinks the ( ) is part of it.

and yes, it should fit just fine as long as you move the fans up a little bit.

6ddej.jpg

Seems there was a thread on this before too. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/235927-phanteks-ph-tc14pe-ram-compatibility/

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if the Phanteks PH-TC14PE (http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14pebk) would fit with my G. Skill Ripjaws RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231468

I'm using the Asus Maximus VII Hero.

I really like the astetics of this CPU Cooler, and would probably replace the fans for 2 Hyperboreas or (if they aren't super crappy) 2 of corsairs SP120 LED's. (I probably won't, but it would look nice.)

What do you guys/gals think? Would it fit? And are 2 SP120 LED worth using, or should I go with 2 Hyperboreas?

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Newegg link needs spaces added after the first bracket, and before second bracket, currently the hyperlink thinks the ( ) is part of it.

6ddej.jpg

Seems there was a thread on this before too. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/235927-phanteks-ph-tc14pe-ram-compatibility/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

6ddej.jpg

Seems there was a thread on this before too. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/235927-phanteks-ph-tc14pe-ram-compatibility/

Fixed! Thank you. I'll check that thread out. I'm really digging the black on it. What do you think of getting corsairs sp120 LEDs for it?

EDIT: I'm dumb. Realized it supports 140mm fans. Is it even possible to mount 120s on there? Wouldn't it add ram clearance? At a cost of performance of course.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Fixed! Thank you. I'll check that thread out. I'm really digging the black on it. What do you think of getting corsairs sp120 LEDs for it?

EDIT: I'm dumb. Realized it supports 140mm fans. Is it even possible to mount 120s on there? Wouldn't it add ram clearance? At a cost of performance of course.

I'm pretty sure it could support 120mm fans, though it may require a little bending if it doesn't natively support them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm pretty sure it could support 120mm fans, though it may require a little bending if it doesn't natively support them.

Awesome! So to remove those mounts, you just pull the black parts out of the mounting holes and insert them into the new fan mounting holes?

Awesome! So to remove those mounts, you just pull the black parts out of the mounting holes and insert them into the new fan mounting holes?

I think so, that or you have to push the metal part that is clipping into the fins away from the fan so it comes off, then remove it from the fan and put it into the new fan, then reverse the process of taking it off.

I think so, that or you have to push the metal part that is clipping into the fins away from the fan so it comes off, then remove it from the fan and put it into the new fan, then reverse the process of taking it off.

Thank you! You've definitely settled my concerns. Can't wait to order it up!

I checked out the reviews on it, someone stated

"You can even downsize the fans of you want to improve RAM or case compatibility, as the fan clips will work with 120mm fans"

Woo! I'm set!