Gaming laptop questions

Claydster6

Hey, I'm into gaming and I enjoy it alot, right now i need some help, would it be worth saving up my money to buy a good gaming laptop? I alternate between my parents houses (divorced) and I dont feel like carrying around a PC. All my friends are on PC and i personally like to use PC more than consoles. What would a good laptop be to last years and not be laggy (playing on max settings isnt my concern, having it last a long time and at least be playable is what I need) I mostly play things like TF2, Tera, CS:GO, Cities Skylines, Skyrim (many mods), and most of the big game titles that come out (Shadow of mordor, Dragon Age, etc). Any ideas? Thanks

I'd personally go for the Lenovo Y50 if your budget can fit.

Great aesthetics, pretty decent specs (as far as laptops go) and upgradeable (last time I was aware you could replace the Optical slot with another GPU, setting up a mobile 860m SLI).

The Y50 also comes in a 4k res screen if you fancy that gimmick

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

how about a small ITX gaming pc...and buy a lan party gaming bag for it....wouldn't take very much to move it then

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I'd personally go for the Lenovo Y50 if your budget can fit.

Great aesthetics, pretty decent specs (as far as laptops go) and upgradeable (last time I was aware you could replace the Optical slot with another GPU, setting up a mobile 860m SLI).

The Y50 also comes in a 4k res screen if you fancy that gimmick

Is there one without a 4k res screen and backlit keys? Im currently looking the Y50 up at the moment too thanks

Is there one without a 4k res screen and backlit keys? Im currently looking the Y50 up at the moment too thanks

Another alternative is to go with the MSI G70 Stealth.

I'm quite positive the backlit keys can be turned off and if you aren't into the heavy "gaming" look (like most ROG laptops have) then it would be a good choice.

Another to consider is the Razer Blade, It's very similar to the aesthetics of a macbook, just with Razer branded stuff (linus did a review on it i think).

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Hey, I'm into gaming and I enjoy it alot, right now i need some help, would it be worth saving up my money to buy a good gaming laptop? I alternate between my parents houses (divorced) and I dont feel like carrying around a PC. All my friends are on PC and i personally like to use PC more than consoles. What would a good laptop be to last years and not be laggy (playing on max settings isnt my concern, having it last a long time and at least be playable is what I need) I mostly play things like TF2, Tera, CS:GO, Cities Skylines, Skyrim (many mods), and most of the big game titles that come out (Shadow of mordor, Dragon Age, etc). Any ideas? Thanks

What is your budget and country you want to buy it in?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

What is your budget and country you want to buy it in?

Budget is around ~1200$  and US

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

small itx build better option.. :P

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

How long do you think the gtx 960m will last?

It's a GTX 750Ti. It'll last as long as you find that card will. Note you're buying an entry-level midrange gaming card. For big titles you'll probably have to be using medium-low starting next year, but for everything prior you'd do fine.

Asus gl551 JM is balls ... Check it out ..

960m

i7 quadcore

1tb 7200 rpm HDD + ssd

Around 1100$ ..

Best laptop for about 1000$ ..

Gr8 looks and has an IPS screen too :D ..

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

It's a GTX 750Ti. It'll last as long as you find that card will. Note you're buying an entry-level midrange gaming card. For big titles you'll probably have to be using medium-low starting next year, but for everything prior you'd do fine.

Alright thanks

there is but you cant get sli the y50 doesnt have an optical drive

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply