Building a gaming PC

neil121

Hi all, I've done a bit of research and a lot of asking around and this is the current build I have;

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/VYFGRB

How good does this build look? Will it be good enough for all the latest titles? How good is it for upgrades in the future? And also, what is the main weakness with this build? All replies greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Main weakness is probably motherboard, it's not a z97 if you want to upgrade in the future.

board is kinda crappy..

would probably change to a gigabyte or asrock one or asus

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

looks good.

Try to get an ssd in there. Even if it only is a 120GB one you can install windows on it and some other programs like chrome and your drivers.

board is kinda crappy..

would probably change to a gigabyte or asrock one or asus

its not crappy its pretty decent actually its not built for overclocking or sli or crossfire but its really decent for the price he could get away with a b81 board if he needed to. anyway msi has a really good rma policy if it fails. i doubt u could get that from asus. 

Main weakness is probably motherboard, it's not a z97 if you want to upgrade in the future.

h97 can support broadwell chips like z97 but the real performance will come from skylake anyway.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

Next question, this is my first build, is it self explanatory to put together or does it take some learning? (I'm 14 so I have nearly no experience with computers, although I have always loved them)