Massdrop Keyboard

Okay so i was exploring Massdrop earlier today and i found the E-Element RGB keyboard, link to the drop below. My question is has anyone herd of this brand or this keyboard? I cant find anything on them at all. It looks veryveryvery nice. It almost looks like a k70 RGB clone other than the standard bottom row. Anyone know anything about the keyboard and switches and stuff????

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/e-element-rgb-keyboard?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Community%20-%20Mechanical%20Keyboards%20-%20MAU%20%28Active%29&utm_campaign=Mech%20Keys%20Active%20Product%20Announcement%202015-04-12&mode=guest_open

Consume The Darkness

Omg this looks nice in white, but I have never seen this before

Omg this looks nice in white, but I have never seen this before

Thats exactly what my reaction to it was... Someone help please lol. I kinda whant to know something about it/them before i commit and buy it...

Consume The Darkness

The switches are either linear black or clicky blue. They are not the best quality switches either. The RGB lighting is also not fully programmable.

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

The switches are either linear black or clicky blue. They are not the best quality switches either. The RGB lighting is not fully programmable and it seems to be a bit overpriced. 

Well i know their not MX, but that doesnt bother me much. #NO #BRAND #LOYALTY lol. But what do you mean over priced? Any comparable board was like upwards of $120

Consume The Darkness

Well i know their not MX, but that doesnt bother me much. #NO #BRAND #LOYALTY lol. But what do you mean over priced? Any comparable board was like upwards of $120

Haha my bad scratch what I said. I was reading about it on a different page and completely overlooked the massdrop price when I was writing my reply. For 80 bucks it seems like a fairly solid keyboard if you don't care about switches or fully programmable back lighting. 

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

Haha my bad scratch what I said. I was reading about it on a different page and completely overlooked the massdrop price when I was writing my reply. For 80 bucks it seems like a fairly solid keyboard if you don't care about switches or fully programmable back lighting. 

LMAO okay we all make mistakes ;) no harm man lol. So you'd go for it for the price? Do you have another comparable keyboards that you know of, with full RGB?

Consume The Darkness

That's a Corsair keyboard made to look bloody stunning! 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Thats what im saying!!! I love the brushed aluminum and white keycaps....

Consume The Darkness

Thats what im saying!!! I love the brushed aluminum and white keycaps....

I really don't like the Corsair keyboard, but that. THAT. tumblr_mxyv0mDc661sl35g2o3_400.gif

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

LMAO okay we all make mistakes ;) no harm man lol. So you'd go for it for the price? Do you have another comparable keyboards that you know of, with full RGB?

In that price range? No I don't know any keyboards that have full RGB and mechanical switches. So id really consider that massdrop price 

This^

I wish it was black with black keys.

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

In that price range? No I don't know any keyboards that have full RGB and mechanical switches. So id really consider that massdrop price 

Okay i may take the plunge if nothing else to have a very unique keyboard in the states.... as far as i can find its an brand only with almost no marketing in the west soooo.... yah. 

Imagine walking into a LAN with this keyboard. Omg it would be the most balling keyboard (non modded there) lol

Consume The Darkness

Okay i may take the plunge if nothing else to have a very unique keyboard in the states.... as far as i can find its an brand only with almost no marketing in the west soooo.... yah. 

Imagine walking into a LAN with this keyboard. Omg it would be the most balling keyboard (non modded there) lol

I wish my k70 was white :(

I wish my k70 was white :(

This really looks like a white k70 RGB...... For like half the price of a black one xD

Consume The Darkness

I wish it was black with black keys.

They just releaced that very keyboard in black with black keys and black switches.

Consume The Darkness

They just releaced that very keyboard in black with black keys and black switches.

Thanks!!!  WOOO HOOO!!!!  I'll probably wait for closer to the end of the drop before ordering it, just in case any other option shows up before then, but if nothing does I'll be getting that black one!  ;)

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

I'll probably go Black with blue switches.  I had my mind set on Cherry browns but I don't want them so bad as to pass up THIS deal!

The switches are said to be decent, but they are fairly new in the market. However, if you reside in the US its actually quite decent seeing how a razor would go for around the same price and this looks to be better already. Tell us what you think about it when you get it. 

The switches are said to be decent, but they are fairly new in the market. However, if you reside in the US its actually quite decent seeing how a razor would go for around the same price and this looks to be better already. Tell us what you think about it when you get it. 

Is there a section on here where i can do reviews like that on? Like a user review section? I havnt seen anything like the on here before. 

Also is there a way that i can suggest products to Linus to review? Id love to see what he thinks on this keyboard. Or even Luke because of his massive love for mechanical keyboards :D

Consume The Darkness

Is there a section on here where i can do reviews like that on? Like a user review section? I havnt seen anything like the on here before. 

Also is there a way that i can suggest products to Linus to review? Id love to see what he thinks on this keyboard. Or even Luke because of his massive love for mechanical keyboards :D

Actually.. there is haha http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/25-member-reviews/ 

Its 115.38 USD with shipping to ontario, canada on massdrop. If i get this off of aliexpress, Its 111.63 shipped. For those who want to buy this at a later date, it would be about the same price with aliexpress.

edit: i forgot to include the link 

http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Fashion-RGB-Metal-Mechanical-Keyboard-Blue-Shaft-Waterproof-Keyboard-Two-color-Injection-Molding-process-for/1704181_32312317233.html

Its 115.38 USD with shipping to ontario, canada on massdrop. If i get this off of aliexpress, Its 111.63 shipped. For those who want to buy this at a later date, it would be about the same price with aliexpress.

edit: i forgot to include the link 

http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Fashion-RGB-Metal-Mechanical-Keyboard-Blue-Shaft-Waterproof-Keyboard-Two-color-Injection-Molding-process-for/1704181_32312317233.html

That actually has a TON of details about the keyboard in it :D Thank you so much. This is looking more and more awesome!

Consume The Darkness