Which gaming laptop would fit me?

Anneke4u

Hi there

I am a gamer and would like to buy a gaming laptop soon, but brand and which model?

Ssd is must have for me. I would even be happy if I could skip hdd entirely.

And I dont want any heat or fan noise problems. I will use the laptop 4-5 hours on a daily basis (alot i know lol).

I woudnt mind if there was no optical drive (dvd or bluray). Who uses disks anyway (sarcasm).

I dont want a big heavy laptop though. Is it possible to get a thin gaming laptop without having heat and fan noise issues?

Thank you 

Edit: Budget is 1200ish Euro. Dont mind a bit more or less but not above 1300.

Budget and currency pls why do people always left out the most important part .What game you are looking to play and on what setting also do you want a touch screen or no ?

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Go with a thinkpad!!!! 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Well there are a vast number of Gaming laptops for you and your needs. What type of brands? I would suggest the MSI GE62 2QE or the GIGABYTE P35X v3. Both very good laptops and very light. Go here to check them out- http://www.notebookcheck.net/Notebookcheck-s-Top-10-Lightweight-Gaming-Notebooks.126456.0.html

Go to number 7 and 9 on the list

Budget and currency pls why do people always left out the most important part .What game you are looking to play and on what setting also do you want a touch screen or no ?

I am sorry I forgot about the budget! :( I added it.

I am looking forward to play Attila Total War on Ultra. 

I think all GTX 800ish serie cards will do? I am not a IT person sadly. Idk if there is a big difference between a 850 card or a 900 from the GTX series. 

I heard that game is processor heavy depended also. But will all i7 4th gens do?

Touch screen? Nah dont want them fancy stuff.

Well there are a vast number of Gaming laptops for you and your needs. What type of brands? I would suggest the MSI GE62 2QE or the GIGABYTE P35X v3. Both very good laptops and very light. Go here to check them out- http://www.notebookcheck.net/Notebookcheck-s-Top-10-Lightweight-Gaming-Notebooks.126456.0.html

Go to number 7 and 9 on the list

MSI has all the hardware I desire for but after some googeling and youtube I read alot that it has heating problems. I am a bit scared because I will use it on my lap.

I once burned my leg and my leg was all black for a while, luckly its gone. I didnt notice it because it was during winter and felt good and warm.

Thanks for nothing old Hp pavilion laptop lol

I am sorry I forgot about the budget! :( I added it.

I am looking forward to play Attila Total War on Ultra. 

I think all GTX 800ish serie cards will do? I am not a IT person sadly. Idk if there is a big difference between a 850 card or a 900 from the GTX series. 

Touch screen? Nah dont want them fancy stuff.

http://store.asus.com/us/item/201503AM110000029/A18486. 

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

The links says : sorry this page has been removed lol

Huh that's weird. http://store.asus.com/us/item/201503AM110000029/A18486

Wow it looks like it has everything I want! Is the processor good? Too many i7's so I woudnt know lol

I heard acer and asus is a bad brand. Is that false?

And about my fear. Overheating and fan noise, will there be any problem? Like I said mostly on my lap for about 4-5 hours.

Thank u very much <3

Edit: it has 2gb videomemory, doesnt new games require like 4gb ish? Sorry for being a noob

Wow it looks like it has everything I want! Is the processor good? Too many i7's so I woudnt know lol

I heard acer and asus is a bad brand. Is that false?

And about my fear. Overheating and fan noise, will there be any problem? Like I said mostly on my lap for about 4-5 hours.

Thank u very much <3

Asus is one of the most reliable brand on the market you won't be dissapointed. The latop seem great quad core i7+960m with 1tb hdd and 128 ssd not to mention the ips screen. Heat and noise shoudn't be a problem

Asus is one of the most reliable brand on the market you won't be dissapointed. The latop seem great quad core i7+960m with 1tb hdd and 128 ssd not to mention the ips screen. Heat and noise shoudn't be a problem

It looks all perfect! Besides the 2vram it has on the graphicscard I think.

Im googeling for 

ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS74

But cant find anything. No store sells it. Maybe its only out in the US for now? Idk if its a brand new laptop. I live in Europe.

It looks all perfect! Besides the 2vram it has on the graphicscard I think.

Im googeling for 

ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS74

But cant find anything. No store sells it. Maybe its only out in the US for now? Idk if its a brand new laptop. I live in Europe.

Can you use amazon ? You can buy it from amazon uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-GL551JW-DS74-Screen-128GB-7200RPM/dp/B00VVM4JFI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428947678&sr=1-1&keywords=GL551JW-DS74

I prefer buying something I can see :(

Too bad I dont see it in store websites.

What about the "MSI GE70 2QD-699NL APACHE"

Specs:

i7 - 4720HQ @ 2600 Mhz

8gb Ram

1-TB Hdd + 128 SSD

GTX 950m wth 2gb vram

Weighs 3 kg

For 1300 euro exactly. 

The only thing which makes me worried is the 2gb vram. 

A friend told me he has a gtx 870 with 6gb vram and that is better (as example).

So what about the Lenovo Y50 ?

15inch screen

2,4kg!

i7- 4710HQ @ 2500 Mhz

16gb ram

HDD, Cache SSD (i have no clue what that means)

Gtx 860m

for 1230 euros

Hi there

I am a gamer and would like to buy a gaming laptop soon, but brand and which model?

And I dont want any heat or fan noise problems. I will use the laptop 4-5 hours on a daily basis (alot i know lol).

I woudnt mind if there was no optical drive (dvd or bluray). Who uses disks anyway (sarcasm).

I dont want a big heavy laptop though. Is it possible to get a thin gaming laptop without having heat and fan noise issues?

Thank you 

The lenovo y50 is a decent laptop

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Hi there

Thank you 

Clevo P650SE sounds like it might be up your alley. I'm not sure what country you are in, but you said Euroes.

mySN.de or mySN.eu might be decent sites for you.

If you don't mind importing, scan UK or mySN.co.uk are cheaper than the other two sites they have.

You could also attempt Clevo Extreme Gaming and see how things are there.

The thinner you go the more the fans need to spin up to cool, and the worse cooling becomes. The P6xxSx clevo machines are a good balance of thin and decent cooling though.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday