ROG Swift or Acer XB270HU

Acerpwns

Im really undecided between the two, i want to start gaming at 1440p w/ Gsync and 144hz. Does the XB270HU not have some of the problems the Swift had? (I.e dead pixels or backlight bleeding)

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

The XB27 does have a moderate amount of dead pixels, but it is a far better option compared to the Swift.

I've used a swift and it was a severe disappointment.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

The XB27 does have a moderate amount of dead pixels, but it is a far better option compared to the Swift.

I've used a swift and it was a severe disappointment.

Really? I am currently using one and thinks its great. Had not issues whatsoever.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Really? I am currently using one and thinks its great. Had not issues whatsoever.

I suppose it's because I am used to my stunning IPS display, and the 60Hz doesn't bother me.

But the guys had like 12 dead pixels and the blacklight bleed was distracting. Swifts have a decent change of coming in bad condition.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I suppose it's because I am used to my stunning IPS display, and the 60Hz doesn't bother me.

But the guys had like 12 dead pixels and the blacklight bleed was distracting. Swifts have a decent change of coming in bad condition.

Fair enough. I recommend a Swift to people that ask because my experience has been awesome.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Fair enough. I recommend a Swift to people that ask because my experience has been awesome.

Yeah, only a small amount come fucked.

I'd go for the Acer any time. (Unless you want support for stereoscopic 3D.)

Better viewing angles (no vertical color shift) and probably better overall color reproduction and contrast as well, thanks to the IPS panel.

(Although I must say, I have not seen the two side-by-side...)

MSI Z77A-GD55 | Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz (Noctua NH-D14) | Zotac GTX 980 @ 1.4 GHz (Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme IV) | 16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD | 1 TB Seagate HDD | Lian Li PC-9F

I'd go for the Acer any time. (Unless you want support for stereoscopic 3D.)

Better viewing angles (no vertical color shift) and probably better overall color reproduction and contrast as well, thanks to the IPS panel.

(Although I must say, I have not seen the two side-by-side...)

You will get better colour reproduction with Acer (exactly how noticeable it is I am not sure) so I agree with that. The viewing angles I never understood. Again from experience I have no issues with the swift whatsoever. How much do you move about when looking at your monitor? I sit facing it straight so really its not an issue for me.

I had a 24" TN monitor before, and I'd even notice a brightness shift when I changed position in my chair, so that's that... (sometimes I would sit a little bit lower, more "comfy", and sometimes I sit upright.)

Maybe it's not as bad with the ROG Swift, but still I'd never go back from IPS to TN.

MSI Z77A-GD55 | Core i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz (Noctua NH-D14) | Zotac GTX 980 @ 1.4 GHz (Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme IV) | 16 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 | 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD | 1 TB Seagate HDD | Lian Li PC-9F

You will get better colour reproduction with Acer (exactly how noticeable it is I am not sure) so I agree with that. The viewing angles I never understood. Again from experience I have no issues with the swift whatsoever. How much do you move about when looking at your monitor? I sit facing it straight so really its not an issue for me.

If you havent used BOTH for gaming... then you wont understand.

These meaningless argument about sitting center or whatever are meaningless.

That's true.

Sitting in front of my new IPS monitor for the first time this weekend changed my view totally. Before that, I also thought that the viewing angles don't matter that much... but indeed they do.

I have used both for gaming. Not the Acer specifically but I have used both a TN and IPS panel. Its a personal thing, I cant see that much of a difference. And I do not think the sitting straight is a meaningless argument... its how I sit and I get no issues at all.. none with viewing angles. Your experience may be different.

Anyway highjacked thread.

Back to the originally question.. Ive never used the Acer but can recommend the swift as a great monitor for gaming (based on my own experience).

Well this thread... didnt help much D:

Since its slightly more possible to have a defective Swift i think ill get the XB270HU (even tho the Swift is sexier D:)

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

This is pretty mich a decision wether i want an IPS for better color and viewing angles (which could be useful for me) or a TN for...whats the TN better for?

TN has a faster pixel response time, but when compared to the also very fast IPS panel from the XB270HU, it doesn't really matter.

This is pretty mich a decision wether i want an IPS for better color and viewing angles (which could be useful for me) or a TN for...whats the TN better for?

1ms response time if that matters to you.

Maybe this will help... I bought the swift a few months back.. before the Acer was announced. If I was buying one now and had the money I would go for the IPS panel for the better colour reproduction.

The Swift has only two advantages over the Acer and that is the design (subjective) and Nvidia 3D Vision Support. So if you like the design of the Acer and you don't need 3D support, then go with the Acer.

By the way Nosfy the 1 ms response time is actually just the G2G (grey to grey) pixel transition time. This information does not equal the input lag. That's when the signal processing time also comes into play.

wnktq2s3if.jpg

The Swift has only two advantages over the Acer and that is the design (subjective) and Nvidia 3D Vision Support. So if you like the design of the Acer and you don't need 3D support, then go with the Acer.

By the way Nosfy the 1 ms response time is actually just the G2G (grey to grey) pixel transition time. This information does not equal the input lag. That's when the signal processing time also comes into play.

-snip-

Maybe this will help... I bought the swift a few months back.. before the Acer was announced. If I was buying one now and had the money I would go for the IPS panel for the better colour reproduction.

XB270HU it is

</thread>

Im really undecided between the two, i want to start gaming at 1440p w/ Gsync and 144hz. Does the XB270HU not have some of the problems the Swift had? (I.e dead pixels or backlight bleeding)

My ROG Swift has none of the problems you mentioned.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I just bought and used my ROG Swift last night. Incredible display. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Anyone who says that the TN panel is a let down is making excuses for themselves. I came from a 27" Ultrasharp Dell IPS and the ROG is so far in front it's not even close.

• 1 month later...