PC Cases

TechNewbie_001

Cables and cases

Hi, may I ask if all cables needed for PC building included with the case? Or do I have to purchase the cables separately?

Hi, may I ask if all cables needed for PC building included with the case? Or do I have to purchase the cables separately?

They are usually included with the power supply.

Don't forget to Like the things you like!

Ah, all the cables you'll need are pre-attached in your case, SATA cables come with your motherboard, and power cables come with your power supply.

What cable? It's included in the PSU and Motherboard (PSU has all cables (PCI-E, 24-Pins connector, etc.), Motherboard like SATA cable) but for case, just like reset switch, power switch and L.E.D..

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

the cables should come with the power supply unit (psu).

May I ask what your knowledge of PC building is.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

All the power cables are always included with the PSU.
Sata cables and such with the motherboard itself.

Also each case has it's own set of cables ofcourse.

But honestly, could this really be your first system build?
From the looks of it, you seem to be like a person who's just starting in the world of system building.
No offense mate. ;)

^ Shouldn't take offence, it's the truth, we were all there at some point (some worse than others)

The cables that deliver power to your system are included in the power supply that you have to purchase separately (even though some PSU's come with cases, I don't recommend using them, buy a reputable PSU)

The cables that allow the power button, led's, USB ports, audio jacks etc to work are included in the case, they are to be linked to the motherboard.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

Cables and cases

As the others said, your PSU will come with all of the cables it needs, and your case's front panel audio/USB cables will usually already be included in the case.

Additionally each SSD/HDD/optical drive will need a SATA data cable. The drives do not typically come with them, but motherboards usually come bundled with a SATA cable or two, so just make sure you will have enough.

To everyone else in the thread feeling the need to point out that it's a newbie question: I have to ask, what is your point? The guy's new so he's asking a question that wouldn't necessarily be obvious to someone who's never done it before. Isn't that the whole point of the forum?

I just did my first build 2days ago so yeah, I am new to PC building. Thanks guys anyway