Dell xps 13 (adobe photoshop, lightroom and gopro studio)

bambam1020

Hello guys..

im planning on getting the xps 13, but im a little concerned if the said application (photoshop, lightroom and gopro studio) will run without any problem.. will there be any lag?

I think it will do fine, but it'll certainly get quite hot. If you're going to do a lot of design work I recommend getting a 15 incher as you limit yourself in both real screen estate and power by getting an ultrabook. Most ultrabooks have microprocessors and if you do designwork you want a little more power.

But to question your answer, I think you won't experience too much lag, but it'll not run "smooth".

I think it will do fine, but it'll certainly get quite hot. If you're going to do a lot of design work I recommend getting a 15 incher as you limit yourself in both real screen estate and power by getting an ultrabook. Most ultrabooks have microprocessors and if you do designwork you want a little more power.

But to question your answer, I think you won't experience too much lag, but it'll not run "smooth".

Its not design work.. maybe a little editing from my casual photography.. minor retouch with photoshop and lightroom, with gopro studio maybe a little video edit but nothing serious..

Quick google search revealed that it should do fine in Photoshop. Its not too hard to run but Illustrator may be a different story.

Yup i also saw that in google.. but no further details :)

Its not design work.. maybe a little editing from my casual photography.. minor retouch with photoshop and lightroom, with gopro studio maybe a little video edit but nothing serious..

Yup i also saw that in google.. but no further details :)

Dell xps 13 is really awesome for the size/weight of it, if you just use it as a hobby and you're on the go a lot, go for it.

I personally didn't go for it (and i'm looking for a laptop for programming uses for college), because it has a small body (11inch) which is too small for me. If this is no issue for you, go for it and take the i7, you won't be dissapointed.

Dell xps 13 is really awesome for the size/weight of it, if you just use it as a hobby and you're on the go a lot, go for it.

I personally didn't go for it (and i'm looking for a laptop for programming uses for college), because it has a small body (11inch) which is too small for me. If this is no issue for you, go for it and take the i7, you won't be dissapointed.

Tnx for the response.. my wife nd i are debating bet xps 13 and macbook.. i thinke xps13 is more prctical for our needs

Tnx for the response.. my wife nd i are debating bet xps 13 and macbook.. i thinke xps13 is more prctical for our needs

I'm not a fan of apple in general so if you would ask my advice I would say xps over mac anyday.

Dell just nailed it with the XPS 2015, in my opinion there is no real contender as (windows) ultrabooks go vs the xps. I don't know how Dell did it.. but they basically made the strongest smallest laptop there is for only ~1000dollar.

Like you mentioned, only the macbook is pretty similair to the XPS, so it only comes down whether you like windows or iOS more.

Like I said before, my vote goes to the XPS, it's a beauty.. if it only had a 13inch body, I would have bought.

Just keep in mind that you get more bang for buck if you choose for a notebook, as ultrabook sacrifices a lot of powers to make it lightweight & small, are you traveling a lot with it?

I'm not a fan of apple in general so if you would ask my advice I would say xps over mac anyday.

Dell just nailed it with the XPS 2015, in my opinion there is no real contender as (windows) ultrabooks go vs the xps. I don't know how Dell did it.. but they basically made the strongest smallest laptop there is for only ~1000dollar.

Like you mentioned, only the macbook is pretty similair to the XPS, so it only comes down whether you like windows or iOS more.

Like I said before, my vote goes to the XPS, it's a beauty.. if it only had a 13inch body, I would have bought.

Just keep in mind that you get more bang for buck if you choose for a notebook, as ultrabook sacrifices a lot of powers to make it lightweight & small, are you traveling a lot with it?

Travel? Maybe once in a while.. but most of the time it will stay in our room.. of ever i choose a notebook, do you have a good sugestion? I have seen the lenovo y50 and it looks great also..

Travel? Maybe once in a while.. but most of the time it will stay in our room.. of ever i choose a notebook, do you have a good sugestion? I have seen the lenovo y50 and it looks great also..

Asus N551JK without a doubt.

A lot of horsepower i7 4710HQ, dedicated GPU GTX 850m, 15 inch screen.

It's around the same price as the Dell XPS 13 and it's way more powerful (but also bulkier).

I would go for the N551JK as you get a lot of bang for buck. Only choose the Dell XPS 13 over this one if you travel a lot and you need your laptop to be thin and lightweight!

This Asus notebook is made for multimedia and comes with all kinds of different models/specs.

You can get it with HDD/SSD, 8gb ram up to 16gb ram etcetc.

wat.

We all use "microprocessors". You must be thinking of "ULV" aka "Ultra Low Voltage" processors. The i7-5960X is a "microprocessor".

Anyway. 15" have ultrabooks too. What you want to tell people is to get "non-ULV i7 CPUs". But then they all suck if CPU power is what you need, because Intel only cares to make CPUs that work for low to mild workloads like browsing and 60fps, single-GPU gaming in the mobile market.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

If it's gonna be in your room most of the time, why not get a desktop? It'll perform better and save money. Can use the leftover money on a "get it done" on the go device.

Asus N551JK without a doubt.

A lot of horsepower i7 4710HQ, dedicated GPU GTX 850m, 15 inch screen.

It's around the same price as the Dell XPS 13 and it's way more powerful (but also bulkier).

I would go for the N551JK as you get a lot of bang for buck. Only choose the Dell XPS 13 over this one if you travel a lot and you need your laptop to be thin and lightweight!

This Asus notebook is made for multimedia and comes with all kinds of different models/specs.

You can get it with HDD/SSD, 8gb ram up to 16gb ram etcetc.

Tnx for the help.. will check out the asus one:)

If it's gonna be in your room most of the time, why not get a desktop? It'll perform better and save money. Can use the leftover money on a "get it done" on the go device.

Even if most of the time it will stay in our room, my wife and i wants something that is portable at the same time has a lot of punch.. thats why we decided to get a ultrabook instead of a desktop..

Even if most of the time it will stay in our room, my wife and i wants something that is portable at the same time has a lot of punch.. thats why we decided to get a ultrabook instead of a desktop..

Like I mentioned the Asus is a notebook though. Ultrabook is ultrathin and lightweight but worse specs than notebooks (at the same price). I would only recommend ultrabook if you're traveling everyday (in a backpack), if you're only looking for a portable laptop, go for notebook.

Cooling is usually an issue on ultrabooks aswell, especially with cpu heavy programs like photoshop/sony vegas etc.