[CPU Cooling] Kraken X61 or Corsair H100i

Go to solution Solved by The Great Sayain Man,

1. It doesn't matter if you're case if from the same or a different brand.

2. Get the Kraken. It cools better. has RGB lights, and you can use 140mm fans on it which are often quieter than the 120mm ones.

3.Obviously a 240 or 280 rad will perform better. (Unless it's a really thick rad on the smaller rad. Like the X41)

4. You're not going to liquid cool your CPU+GPU with either of those. 

So I'm thinking of installing my first liquid cooling component and I don't know which one to get. The H100i is slightly cheaper, but I have an NZXT case, so I don't know if the X61 will fit better or anything.

Also, should I be going for a 240-280mm rad for just my cpu, or would a 140mm be better? I could liquid cool my gpu at some point, but I figure the cpu might benefit more from the larger rad? I don't even know. :/

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

x61, bigger, better performance and the NZXT cam software is not retarded like corsair link

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

2. Get the Kraken. It cools better. has RGB lights, and you can use 140mm fans on it which are often quieter than the 120mm ones.

3.Obviously a 240 or 280 rad will perform better. (Unless it's a really thick rad on the smaller rad. Like the X41)

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

x61, bigger, better performance and the NZXT cam software is not retarded like corsair link

Oooh, I did forget about the CAM software. I heard they updated it to 2.0 or something, right?

Alright. When I mentioned the 140mm rad I was kinda considering the x41. Am I going to see a major difference between the x61 and x41 that justifies the extra $30?

Also, I wasn't thinking of using one rad for CPU+GPU, I was considering seperate rads, though GPU cooling isn't one of my priorities at the moment.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

Oooh, I did forget about the CAM software. I heard they updated it to 2.0 or something, right?

Alright. When I mentioned the 140mm rad I was kinda considering the x41. Am I going to see a major difference between the x61 and x41 that justifies the extra $30?

Also, I wasn't thinking of using one rad for CPU+GPU, I was considering seperate rads, though GPU cooling isn't one of my priorities at the moment.

TLDW: No really. 5 degrees Celsius at best. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

TLDW: No really. 5 degrees Celsius at best. 

Well thats embarrassing, probably should have looked that one up. :/

Thanks for the help guys, I'd been leaning towards the Kraken series but I kept seeing people with the H100i cooler and figured I'd ask.