BOOTMGR is missing (Help)

The Pizza Thief

Hey guys, after installing my new hard drive in addition to an ssd and another HD It was all good I was using my computer and when I restarted it this message shows up.

BOOTMGR is missing

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

I think when I was selecting the disk to partition it I selected an option called select as active disk and a message saying if this disk does not contain the os it could "damage x thing" something from that nature.

Please help! I have to do some homework

Hey guys, after installing my new hard drive in addition to an ssd and another HD It was all good I was using my computer and when I restarted it this message shows up.

Is the drive clean, or was there an OS on the other HD before? If there was, it might be trying to boot off the HDD's (possibly no longer existent) OS since there's entries in the boot file for one.

Try manually selecting your SSD in the motherboard BIOS boot menu.

"Rawr XD"

Bump, anyone knows how to fix this? I unplugged the two hard drives and just boot with the ssd plugged and same problem, I went to my bios and tried doing a forced boot and same problem

Does one of your HDD have an OS that was previously installed?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Bump, anyone knows how to fix this? I unplugged the two hard drives and just boot with the ssd plugged and same problem, I went to my bios and tried doing a forced boot and same problem

This is most likely a problem with boot sector, it tries to boot with this drive, but something's wrong with it.

I would go wipe & reinstall. Sry.

This is most likely a problem with boot sector, it tries to boot with this drive, but something's wrong with it.

I would go wipe & reinstall. Sry.

I bought the version of windows 8.1 I'm running from the windows store, I installed using a free try version of windows 7 from bootcamp in my mac, So what I did was I installed the free version in my PC then used the key to activate 8.1 over 7 and it just updated by itself. How do I wipe and reinstall then ? 

I bought the version of windows 8.1 I'm running from the windows store, I installed using a free try version of windows 7 from bootcamp in my mac, So what I did was I installed the free version in my PC then used the key to activate 8.1 over 7 and it just updated by itself. How do I wipe and reinstall then ? 

Usually via simple windows installation programm.

You can simply just reisntall it (think u've already did it).

Try to run MBRfixtool.

Finally the correct answer. There is tools you can download and put on a CD/flash drive that will fix the MBR like the one mentioned above.

I took it to my nearest computer store/repair shop and had to spend 65 dollars in the diagnosis and 65 in labor. I know its a crime but I really have to finish typing an essay due tomorrow. I'; typing from my PC I just picked it up.

Thanks! I tried using that tool but it wouldn't help

Try to run MBRfixtool.

Finally the correct answer. There is tools you can download and put on a CD/flash drive that will fix the MBR like the one mentioned above.