Pre-load GTA V using a torrent?

AGGELOS_970

Hello fellow gamers!

I bought GTA V from G2A.com but they haven't given us any keys so I can't pre-load the game. They say that they will probably give the keys at launch day. Maybe a day or two before.

The thing is that my internet connection isn't very fast and I have to spent a lot of time downloading. It would be very cool if I could start downloading earlier so can have it ready at launch.

So I thought maybe I can "pirate" the game and activate it the day I get the key.

What do you guys think? Will it work?

Thanks!

Hello fellow gamers!

I bought GTA V from G2A.com but they haven't given us any keys so I can't pre-load the game. They say that they will probably give the keys at launch day. Maybe a day or two before.

The thing is that my internet connection isn't very fast and I have to spent a lot of time downloading. It would be very cool if I could start downloading earlier so can have it ready at launch.

So I thought maybe I can "pirate" the game and activate it the day I get the key.

What do you guys think? It will work?

Thanks!

you cant pirate gta 5 yet as thier is no crack

people have uploaded the files however

I don't know if steam will register the files if you drop it in thier...maybe someone else can confirm or deny

In theory the files on the torrent are the legitimate pre-load files that STEAM released. So you could do it, I'm not sure if steam would register them if you put them in the steam library though. :/

you cant pirate gta 5 yet as thier is no crack

people have uploaded the files however

I don't know if steam will register the files if you drop it in thier...maybe someone else can confirm or deny

Yes you can... cant really post links soo you'll just have to take my word for it :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Yes you can... cant really post links soo you'll just have to take my word for it :P

i don't see why this case we can't post link

its not pirating 

and thiers no cracks

xD

Just wait a bit more, not worth it really

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

i don't see why this case we can't post link

its not pirating 

and thiers no cracks

xD

Fair enough... - inb4 i get banned from the forums -

Here is a thread with the uncracked game files (for legal use only with a legit serial-key of course) - https://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?p=86570117

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Fair enough... - inb4 i get banned from the forums -

Here is a thread with the uncracked game files (for legal use only with a legit serial-key of course) - https://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?p=86570117

Thanks but I just found one and a guy in the comments says that he downloaded it, extracted it to SteamApps it and steam says pre-download complete. So I'll use that one.

Thanks but I just found one and a guy in the comments says that he downloaded it, extracted it to SteamApps it and steam says pre-download complete. So I'll use that one.

He's talking shit.

Steam won't see it as pre download complete as it's not a game you own.

To steam you don't own this game until you get the key and activate it.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

He's talking shit.

Steam won't see it as pre download complete as it's not a game you own.

To steam you don't own this game until you get the key and activate it.

So I will add it to steamApps after I got the key and of course activated it. This will probably work.

Fair enough... - inb4 i get banned from the forums -

Here is a thread with the uncracked game files (for legal use only with a legit serial-key of course) - https://www.warez-bb.org/viewtopic.php?p=86570117

Heres the CoC on the topic. Kind of a grey area because it's encrypted files that won't even work unless he activates them on steam so.

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys
"Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
"Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
"Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.
You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:
Seeking help to create or find cracks.
Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
Provide or request login details for restricted websites.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

So I will add it to steamApps after I got the key and of course activated it. This will probably work.

Who says you're gonna get a Steam key from g2a? It's more likely you'll get a Rockstar Warehouse key instead.

Don't worry, G2A will give u the key soon or at worst on 13th April (for Europe), 12th April (for America).

Be patient and let your PC download part of the game while u sleep (8hours should get u close :) )

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Who says you're gonna get a Steam key from g2a? It's more likely you'll get a Rockstar Warehouse key instead.

True ! When G2A doesn't specify the platform its mostly not steam.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Don't worry, G2A will give u the key soon or at worst on 13th April (for Europe), 12th April (for America).

Be patient and let your PC download part of the game while u sleep (8hours should get u close :) )

Hmm.. I hope so. I was going to try the torrent way that I said but the download isn't always full speed so I wont get it much earlier. And of course it might not work.

I'll wait for the key. My download speed is around 900 kB/s max 1000 kB/s. So it will take 2 sleeps for sure! 

I'll start playing Deus Ex:HR again while I wait! Since I got hyped from the trailer of the new one!  :P

Hmm.. I hope so. I was going to try the torrent way that I said but the download isn't always full speed so I wont get it much earlier. And of course it might not work.

I'll wait for the key. My download speed is around 900 kB/s max 1000 kB/s. So it will take 2 sleeps for sure!

I'll start playing Deus Ex:HR again while I wait! Since I got hyped from the trailer of the new one! :P

My best I can get is 1.8MB/s on steam but with the load its handling right now due to so many pre-loaders it might take 2 nights for me too :D

Maybe I will limit it to 500KB/s while I game.

U can do 300KB/s while u use your PC and see if u feel any slowdown, if not then leave it like that :)

My best I can get is 1.8MB/s on steam but with the load its handling right now due to so many pre-loaders it might take 2 nights for me too :D

Maybe I will limit it to 500KB/s while I game.

U can do 300KB/s while u use your PC and see if u feel any slowdown, if not then leave it like that :)

Yeah I will probably set a limit while I'm awake. Because it will take one week if I don't.

Still waiting for my ISP to upgrade my area. Will do 5 MB/s or even a little more!

Yeah I will probably set a limit while I'm awake. Because it will take one week if I don't.

Still waiting for my ISP to upgrade my area. Will do 5 MB/s or even a little more!

Here u can see how much it takes for 500KB/s to download (over 24hours): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/343416-grand-theft-auto-5-pre-loaded-now-what/page-2

For me its gonna take one night, i expected more.

post-28682-0-28888600-1428722360.jpg

It should work as long as you download the right version. Like others said, g2a might give a steam or retail key. so you will need to get the proper version as the pre-load files are different for each one.

This.

I don't even see them selling Steam Keys. It's all Rockstar. Who knows if the Steam encryption is the same Rockstar uses. So if you do it at all, and I would try it because I wouldn't want to wait on launch day as well ;-), you should look for a Rockstar version and information concerning their encryption.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

It should work as long as you download the right version. Like others said, g2a might give a steam or retail key. so you will need to get the proper version as the pre-load files are different for each one.

Yeah... so I have to gamble. Anyways as I said I will wait for the key.

This.

I don't even see them selling Steam Keys. It's all Rockstar. Who knows if the Steam encryption is the same Rockstar uses. So if you do it at all, and I would try it because I wouldn't want to wait on launch day as well ;-), you should look for a Rockstar version and information concerning their encryption.

They just updated their page. And it's Rockstar. Not Steam.

Anyways I will wait for my key. Downloading from a torrent was going to be a gamble and because the torrents lets say are still "fresh" the download speed was going to be awful.