Hello,

I recently got my H220 back from swiftech , just put it in my system to find it being UNBEARABLY noisy .

I plugged it in a PWM header on my X99s SLI PLUS , and bought it to it's lowest RPM ( 1680-1720 rpm ) .

At these speeds , it's acceptable ( equivalent or a bit noisier than my H55 and liqtech 240) , but not silent like the reviews state , but it's the fact that as soon as I go above 25% , it becomes very loud with a whiny sound ( 50 , 75 and 100% )

Running it at 25% is fine for the moment , but I have a 360mm rad and a R9 290 block coming and I doubt 1700 rpm will be enough .

Does this sound like a defect ( a nother rma would really be a pain ) ?

Is it normal that at 50% ( 2200rpm ) it's really noisy with a small "brrr" noise from the pump ?

thanks

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Sounds like the sound mentioned here? Probably caused by vibrations.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/342188-fixed-enermax-liqtech-240-annoying-pump-noise-12v/#entry4661545

Make sure you mounted it tight and it fits perfectly. Also test if the noise persists if the H220 is unmounted. The quickest way for this is to unmount the pump and start the PC for a little. If the CPU is not overclocked it will not get very hot for a few seconds (or even minutes) even when there's no cooler on it. If you're unsure start the pump only by using a ATX Jumper and maybe a 12V Fan adapter / fan controller to test it.